VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voluntary Commitment...

Rate this question

Sidney56

Question

Hey guys, just wanted some advice on a decision I need to make today. My mental state has been rapidly declining lately, and I think I need to get some in house treatment quickly. My mood changes are occurring more frequently and my family is scared of what the next out burst will bring.

A friend of the family told me that I need to check myself into the hospital for evaluation and possible treatment. That sounds okay, as I am willing to do whatever it takes to get some help to rid myself of this pain, mentally and physically. Each time that I go to my PCP, I'm treated for everything, except what my complaints are. I went to the clinic last week and the nurse told me to return to the emergency room if things got worse. He set an appointment to see my PCP on the 19th, but I really don't think that I can wait until then.

I am taking Citalopram Hydrobromide(40 mg), but it has no effect whatsoever. I am starting to have hallucinations and have not had any sleep going on 2 days. My nerves are shot and I don't remember anything that I do 5 minutes afterwards.

My problem is, I don't know what to expect when I try to check myself into the hospital. I have heard so many horror stories about checking into the mental ward for observation and I am having second thoughts. Could someone give me some insight as how to handle this situation. Whatever decision I make has to be asap.

Thanks

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If I can help let me know.

Pete

I am sending a Form 21-4138 with the progress notes from my psychiatrist attached, stating her diagnoses of me not being employable and needing home health care. My claim is in the development stage, according to the iris report posted earlier. Claim was remanded by BVA to the AMC for development.

My question is: do I need to include Form 21-4142 as an enclosure?

I am doing this because I don't trust the VARO to collect all the relevant documents needed to make a decision on my claim for an increase in rating in the evaluation of my mental disorder claim, including IU.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know the answer to that question Sidney56.

Hope that someone else will answer it.

Good Luck