VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection At 0%

Rate this question

Alb

Question

I was service connected for sinusitis at 0%. At the C&P I told the doctor about the frequency of sinus infection per year and the need for medication. I also told her about headaches, pressure and tenderness around my sinus areas. Well, in the award letter it stated there was no mention of frequency of sinus infections or headaches, so no percentage greater than 0% was awarded. How do you rebuttal this when clearly the C&P examiner did not mention this in her medical report. Do I wait for a while and file for another increase, an if so how much time should I let go by. Or should I try to get my ENT doctor to write something in my VA medical records to submit, and when should I summit these records? I am really pissed-off that I went through the whole process of the C&P with only to find out the doctor did not even mention in her report what I told her. Where should I go from here?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I see that your current % is 140. May I ask why you are going thru the trouble for something minor like sinus infections?? And yes, btw....I get those all the time. Few days of antibiotics and you're good as new.

Purple

I am 10 percent for sinuis infections but the reg states it schould be Higher if you get sinuis infection more the 6 times per year or on put on antibotics for more the 30 days at a time more then twice a year. I do not knoe his SC rate mine is 150 percent but in VA math it is 80 one more 10 percent anywhere brings me to 90 so I am fighting on the sinus infection

V/R

Jim

I see that your current % is 140. May I ask why you are going thru the trouble for something minor like sinus infections?? And yes, btw....I get those all the time. Few days of antibiotics and you're good as new.

Because if I was awarded like I should have, it would have put at 160% I could use the extra money you get at 100% plus 60%.

I was service connected for sinusitis at 0%. At the C&P I told the doctor about the frequency of sinus infection per year and the need for medication. I also told her about headaches, pressure and tenderness around my sinus areas. Well, in the award letter it stated there was no mention of frequency of sinus infections or headaches, so no percentage greater than 0% was awarded. How do you rebuttal this when clearly the C&P examiner did not mention this in her medical report. Do I wait for a while and file for another increase, an if so how much time should I let go by. Or should I try to get my ENT doctor to write something in my VA medical records to submit, and when should I summit these records? I am really pissed-off that I went through the whole process of the C&P with only to find out the doctor did not even mention in her report what I told her. Where should I go from here?

Alb,

Congrats on at least getting sinusitis SC'd.

You posted,

"At the C&P I told the doctor about the frequency of sinus infection per year and the need for medication. I also told her about headaches, pressure and tenderness around my sinus areas."

Something you TELL the examiner is usually listed as "history" and is not weighed as

medical evidence.

Apparently she did a piss poor job of going over your treatment records and did not list

any medical evidence or the treatment you have been receiving, in order to support

an evaluation higher than zero percent.

If you feel your condition and medical evidence warrants an evaluation percentage

higher than zero percent, you need to file a NOD with the Rating Decision's

evaluation of zero percent.

I always suggest when you are preparing a NOD - you study and refer to the Rating Decision in question.

Use the EVIDENCE and REASONS and BASES SECTIONS in the past Rating Decision to

rebutt any unfavorable or address all unlisted medical evidence, in preparing your NOD.

Submit copies of the medical evidence that supports a higher rating.

I would definitely get the progress notes, treatment reports, pharmacy records

and anything else from the ENT doc that supports a higher rating.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

purple,

I pretty much lived on antibiotic's - had two surgeries and have yet to be as

good as new - lol.

carlie

I believe 100% is the limit so 100 + 60 would still come out to 100% unless your housebound. In other words you should apply for UI if you haven't yet.

I'm new so I could be incorrect on that.

Jay

Because if I was awarded like I should have, it would have put at 160% I could use the extra money you get at 100% plus 60%.