VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection At 0%

Rate this question

Alb

Question

I was service connected for sinusitis at 0%. At the C&P I told the doctor about the frequency of sinus infection per year and the need for medication. I also told her about headaches, pressure and tenderness around my sinus areas. Well, in the award letter it stated there was no mention of frequency of sinus infections or headaches, so no percentage greater than 0% was awarded. How do you rebuttal this when clearly the C&P examiner did not mention this in her medical report. Do I wait for a while and file for another increase, an if so how much time should I let go by. Or should I try to get my ENT doctor to write something in my VA medical records to submit, and when should I summit these records? I am really pissed-off that I went through the whole process of the C&P with only to find out the doctor did not even mention in her report what I told her. Where should I go from here?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am with you on that. It wouldn't make sense to keep filing for other things when you already have the max. And why put yourself through the VA beurocracy again and stress yourself out when you don't have to? Plus you're just backlogging the system when you don't have to.

Jay

Wholesale,

As posted earlier in this thread,the veteran has medical evidence of additional disabilities,

that if granted with the percentage that matches his medical evidence, would put him

AT 160% SC - AT THIS LEVEL THERE ARE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS

I see no reason for the veteran to NOT GET ALL OF THE BENEFITS they meet the criteria for.

carlie

What additional benefits would there be for 160% vs. 120%?????

Let me know because I have searched and can't find additional benefits.

All i'm saying is don't reward yourself by putting yourself through all the stress again.

You only live once.

Frank

I borrowed this from a buddy named Vike.

If you have one disability rated at 100% and have additional disabilities that combine to at least 60%, then you will be awarded SMC "S" simply because you meet the percentage requirements. Otherwise one would need to show a need based on medical evidence to be awarded the "S".

carlie

There's the problem with that system. Just because a vet has the %'s to cover the housebound rating...but isn't truly "housebound"...why should they be awarded that rating? In all other claims medical evidence is needed to win the claim...why not this one? (Rhetorical question)

Seems like fraud.