VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Connection At 0%

Rate this question

Alb

Question

I was service connected for sinusitis at 0%. At the C&P I told the doctor about the frequency of sinus infection per year and the need for medication. I also told her about headaches, pressure and tenderness around my sinus areas. Well, in the award letter it stated there was no mention of frequency of sinus infections or headaches, so no percentage greater than 0% was awarded. How do you rebuttal this when clearly the C&P examiner did not mention this in her medical report. Do I wait for a while and file for another increase, an if so how much time should I let go by. Or should I try to get my ENT doctor to write something in my VA medical records to submit, and when should I summit these records? I am really pissed-off that I went through the whole process of the C&P with only to find out the doctor did not even mention in her report what I told her. Where should I go from here?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

38 CFR 3.350

(i) Total plus 60 percent, or housebound; 38 U.S.C. 1114(s). The special monthly compensation provided by 38 U.S.C. 1114(s) is payable where the veteran has a single service-connected disability rated as 100 percent and:

(1) Has additional service-connected disability or disabilities independently ratable at 60 percent, separate and distinct from the 100 percent service-connected disability and involving different anatomical segments or bodily systems, or

(2) Is permanently housebound by reason of service-connected disability or disabilities. This requirement is met when the veteran is substantially confined as a direct result of service-connected disabilities to his or her dwelling and the immediate premises or, if institutionalized, to the ward or clinical areas, and it is reasonably certain that the disability or disabilities and resultant confinement will continue throughout his or her lifetime.

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget that you have to ask. I lost 15 years of benefits because I did not ask.

• In Memoriam

I have had deviated nasal septum 0% SC for 23 years now.

The Navy sprayed us with toxic chemicals and also had physical head injury, I became ill with tonsil and nasal problems many times in my SMR over 4 years. The VA would not help me with these problems when I got out.

I had to pay for tonsillectomy and Nasal surgery, with my own money, a couple years after I got out of service. I kept getting tonsil and nasal infections and needed to hold a job. I had my private doctor remove the tonsils. The nasal surgery was a reduction of the turbines and other stuff. I still get infections about 6 months out of the year.

I will not rest until I am repaid for this travesty. Most recently I have asked for increase, in 2002, and I am still fighting in appeals. My claims are remanded from the BVA to the AMC and back to the VARO now.

All I can say is hang in there. It is kind of like pushing a bean with a toothpick, up a 1000 foot mountain. It just takes a while. It took me 35+ years to get my MUC medal.