VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increased Trazodone=increase Nightmares

Rate this topic

Ugh.....One of my problems lately has been a severe lack of sleep. I usually take 100mg trazodone each night; but it was having little to no effect nor help for my sleep. So the doc I saw last week told me to take 150mg each night. (Even though she completely screwed up the new script...made it for 75mg and yes, this is the acting chief of mental health!!)

Anyway....OMG....I've been having such horrible nightmares since the dosage was increased!!!

Last night's was terrifying and I can't get it out of my head.

I was walking along a road, but it was like a frozen road....more like a frozen lake. In front of me, on a jet ski (yes aren't dreams just odd as hell), were my Dad, Mom, & Grandma. Now in real life, my Dad & Grandma have passed on. All of a sudden the ice gave way and they all fell in. I was still on top of the ice and could see them below me, drowning, but couldn't get to them...and I just had to watch them drown!!

OMG, it was horrid!!! By the time anyone got there to help, it was too late, then the ice broke and I fell in, but was able to swim to the side.

I can recall every small detail of this nightmare and it's been replaying in my head all day. Each night the nightmares get worse.

And this increase in med was supposed to help????

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

purple,

Years ago I was on VA Rx'd trazadone.

I started at 100 mg and about every 3 months they increased my doseage until

I hit 400 mg a night.

I remember when I first started taking it and each time I had an increase

my nightmares were exacerbated.

This for me was temporary,as after my system got adjusted to the higher dose

I had no nightmares and no dreams that I was aware of.

With my other Rx'd med's and the higher doseage, I was just completely knocked out cold.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe you could try taking a couple of benadryls at bedtime. Works for me and I also had experience with tradazone with poor results and lots of side affects