VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Case Is Somewhere Between Rated And Signing Off On

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I appealed my case and elected a de novo review by the DRO.Got a letter saying(March 12)that they denied my increase for both knees,but ruled in my favor on my other issues.The other issues were lower lumbar,both hips,and TDIU.The local veterans assistance rep looked on his computor and saw that those"other issues" were indeed granted by the DRO.The 800 number also so verified.As of June 11th,still no white envelope.I am told my case is being calculated and signed off on.I am sweating this out,waiting for the white envelope.My question is,can the rater overturn the decision of the DRO.?Since I still do not have anything official in writing,I am worried that something will go wrong.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

atla,

No a rater does not have the authority to overturn the DRO.

In your case the DRO is now your rater as they will promulgate the Rating Decision.

Does VA have direct deposit information on you ?

If yes, then check your bank deposit every 4 or 5 days to see

if a new deposit has been made. Many times claimant's get

money hitting their bank account before they recieve their official

Rating Decision.

Since you posted TDIU was granted, you may have a nice retro amount.

I would also ask my rep if they know by chance whether P&T was granted,

probably not - but worth asking.

jmho,

carlie

It's the other way around. The Senior Officer can change the decision after a rater has rated your claim. It happened to me.

Frank

I appealed my case and elected a de novo review by the DRO.Got a letter saying(March 12)that they denied my increase for both knees,but ruled in my favor on my other issues.The other issues were lower lumbar,both hips,and TDIU.The local veterans assistance rep looked on his computor and saw that those"other issues" were indeed granted by the DRO.The 800 number also so verified.As of June 11th,still no white envelope.I am told my case is being calculated and signed off on.I am sweating this out,waiting for the white envelope.My question is,can the rater overturn the decision of the DRO.?Since I still do not have anything official in writing,I am worried that something will go wrong.

carlie-thank you for you encouraging response.I am a cautious person and have learned about "the check being in the mail".The frustrating thing about this is I have not receiveved an award letter,but credible sources(they look on the computor) and say it has been awarded.This whole thing goes back to 2007,this has been a long journey.I will be so glad to see something official in writing(award letter/) or better yet,a direct deposit into my account.Kindest Regards