VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Virgin .......well Sorta.

Rate this question

usmc0599

Question

hey guys,

first off, I would like to thank the kind people who took the time to create this wealth of of info for the rest of the masses. only God can ever repay you guys for your dedications and hard work..........im not quite a va virgin, but my encounter with the va was brief and pleasant. before leaving the Marine Corps, I had the base va rep prepare all necessary paper work and all i had to do was sit and wait. i recieved a rating of 50% for scars from four surgeries, cervical arthritis and achellies complications. my cervical arthritis have gotten worst and i would like to file for an increase. my problem is that, since exiting the Corps, ive never seen a doctor for the pain. i sucked it up because i had no insurance. my question is: will the va deny my claim because i havent seen a single doctor in five years? and what do i need to do to file for the increase.

thank you all.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

usmc0599,

Register at your closest VA Medical Center and begin

getting your medical care. Since you are 50 % SC'd

you will have no co-pays. Get some treatment

and file a claim for an increase.

The VA will most likely schedule a C&P exam, if they do

be sure to attend.

Also, as you start recieving treatment you can ask your doc

if your disability has increased and if they answer yes then

you ask if they will write an opinion in support of that for you.

carlie

Edited by carlie

hey guys,

first off, I would like to thank the kind people who took the time to create this wealth of of info for the rest of the masses. only God can ever repay you guys for your dedications and hard work..........im not quite a va virgin, but my encounter with the va was brief and pleasant. before leaving the Marine Corps, I had the base va rep prepare all necessary paper work and all i had to do was sit and wait. i recieved a rating of 50% for scars from four surgeries, cervical arthritis and achellies complications. my cervical arthritis have gotten worst and i would like to file for an increase. my problem is that, since exiting the Corps, ive never seen a doctor for the pain. i sucked it up because i had no insurance. my question is: will the va deny my claim because i havent seen a single doctor in five years? and what do i need to do to file for the increase.

thank you all.

I agree with carlie, at 50% service connected you have free medical and free medications. Go to the VA and establish medical treatment and care. I recommend you get an MRI and xrays which will help your claim. You state you have "cervical arthritis" with this condition the VA knows it can get worse with age. So not having medical treatment in 5 years is'nt necessarily bad for your claim, just tell them you have "sucked it up" like you were trained to do in the Marines. You will however need to file for an increase in service connection for your neck to get the ball rolling. But, try to get the MRI it will give you concrete evidence to support your claim.

Good luck,

Bergie