VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trazadone

Rate this topic

I recently ended up in the emergency room at one of the local hospitals out in town (non VA). I went there becsuse I had a painfull erection that would not go away. I ended up getting a bunch of shots in the penis that did not help. The called in a Uroligest who stuck a needle in it and drained it. Still no effect it keeps filling up and the blood is not draining. The docter asked me what medications I was on. I told him and he said it was in direct connection with Trazadon I was told by the doc that it happens to a few who take it over the course of years. Since non of the treatments where working I was then taken into emergency surgery, and worked on. It still looks like there is not much improvement I am propably going to loose the use of my penis it will no longer be able to get hard. I was also told if it where to do enough dammage I might not be able to have kids. It was a rough 2 days for me and still is I am only 26 years old and have been waiting to get a back surgery in hopes that it will work some and I can get off some of the long list of medications that I am on.

I have never herd of this with this drug I am not too sure how rare it is but I know that there are a lot of others out there who are on it and wanted to spread some kind of awareness that this could happen.

I talked to the docter and he is going to get me all the paperwork from the ER visit and surgery paperwork, and a note stating that the situation was caused by the drug. Even though I would like to have the problem fixed which it looks like that wont be the case can I file with the VA for it causing this condition. Is there a way to file this as a secondary claim.

Is there anything I can do through the VA call or complain as this will have a large effect on the rest of my life I am not sure what to do or if there is anyone out there who can help me with this problem

Thank You.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

First of all, have you contacted your Primary Care Physician at the VA and informed him of what you have just shared with us?

Secondly, have you gotten a "second opinion" from another urologist?

If not, you need to take care of both of the above.

Thirdly, I had just the exact opposite reaction when they started me on Trazadone. Fortunately, it went away when I quit taking the stuff.

I am so sorry to hear about your problem. Hopefully all will be well, eventually.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most of the drugs I take for anxiety,pain and depression leave me limp. The drugs like Paxil are the worse. It is horrible to me because the only drugs that work on my anxiety and depression are in the paxil familiy.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a VA shrink who recommended it just for that reason. I am pretty sure the VA knows about it already.

ED will = SMC "k" award - I think?

Permanent loss = that should be different story. I will do some digging and let you know.

Stay strong.....Eric