VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Does The Va Do This?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

My husband was in the Navy he was deployed this last time from March 08 to Oct 08,In Dec 08 he went to the va to seek help for his depression.( he was told he could not go there until he go out of the military) He was sent to a hospital for 7 days. He is always depressed and in pain. He has bad headaches 3-4 times a week for hrs at a time, knee problems, he always walks with a limp, the va gave him an x-ray and said everything was fine, but his knee is always swollen. What i am not understanding is why wont they give him anything for his pain. they gave him Ibuprofin 800mg, which does little to help.I understand he has had suicidal idealations but he is getting worse, the miliraty gave him Vicodin why wont they help him now? I just don't know what to do , how to help him,,, it makes me so mad, when he goes to see his PRimary care Dr he tells him its all in his head and when he starts to do things he enjoys he will feel better...?? I think not,

My husband is no longer in the military he got out Dec08 , served 8 yrs. thank you all for the reply's

Edited by vistagirl81

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Something is also backwards here, a person may get

depression due to headaches,

but I do not see how your going to be able to connect

headaches due to depression.

Sorry my last was confusing. I was actually replying to this comment.

Jay

They said the reason they are not giving him any other meds is because of his SI, i believe half of his SI is from the pain. he just wants it to stop. On the original claim they have "Depression with SI and HI... when they sent him the form all that was on there was SI and HI?? His exam is next week for it he has 3 on the 19th. He has already had 2 so far.for GM and i think MH.I thank everyone so much for replying and trying to help me and my husband.