VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Today

Rate this question

Guest Ryan

Question

Hey all, had my second c&p today for an appeal from the original that this lady from india, who could hardly speak english did on me, and basically called me a liar, quoting me as saying I had a bunch of symptoms before deployment, that I hadn't.

I really got into it, a week ago with, another seemingly snotty dr. that was supposto do my exam for the appeal. It ended with a reappointment for today that I just got done with.

I made it clear to everyone that I'm not going to take on the character of being a scammer for benefits, that of which was what I was being made into from the original exam, and I verbally threatened to sue for defamation. Today the doc I saw had a pretty good head on his shoulders, and was able to articulate what I was saying about my symptoms. We shall see what the decision is though. I just don't trust any of 'em. You guys know what I mean.

I'm already servce connected, from the first exam, for combat related ptsd, to include anxiety and depression, but was given the shaft and got 10%.

SSD rubberstamped my claim almost a year and a half ago. 9 months after I stopped working without an exam. It's a good thing, or I'd been on the street.

How in the hell do they really expect people to deal with all this crap, and stay civil when a guys plate is already full from the very thing that he's there for? I've been on pins and needles for three days worrying about this, making sure that I kept every trick I could think of right out front in my mind just so I would keep a cool head. (rant over)

Once again I think it went pretty good today, but we'll see.

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you mean to say that the most recent C&P was less favorable than the one the RO cited to grant your service-connection?

Nope, just the opposite in that in my original exam, of which I was granted 10% SC and done by the lady from India, is the one I got hosed on. My first appeal exam was not quite as big of a joke but heading in that direction, so she stopped and had me see another examiner about a week later. The last one seemed to go good, but we'll see.

I always carry my own little jar of vaseline when ever dealing with the benefits department at any VA now. Why prolong the inevitable right? :D

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA said I had schizophrenia and rated me 10%. This was in 1973. Can you imagine that? People with schizophrenia tended to be institutionalized at that time. They did not work, and spent their lives in and out of mental hospitals. I guess I was a special person who could overcome all that on my 28$ a month from the VA. I was hospitalized four times in and out of the military before I got the rating. Not only could I not work, but for a while I could not go outside.....10%.

Well I got my copy of my exam results, and It is finally accurate. This should make the dro's decision pretty favorable towards me.

I got a combined GAF score of 48.

He clearly put down suggestions that the original examiner had given that my PTSD symptoms had been solved by meds, and that the relation of these symptoms are a result of anything else would be nothing but speculation. (His words)

I am happy the truth is finally coming out. I was really getting rageful for a while so I quit posting for a little bit.

Should the dro be a dumba$$, and lowball me again, this will provide some pretty hardcore firepower for a formal appeal.

Now more of the waiting game. My retro goes to dec. 07.

Carlie, they live in san diego with the Ex. I pay child support, and am not getting comped for them.

Which our divorce is a result of not being able to live with me, and I can understand why. But the Va doesn't seem to understand this.

That's the thing about ptsd, is that it takes over your whole life, and just spins it on a big wheel of misfortune over, and over again. So it's no wonder why when someone is broken down to nothing, then gets insulted by certain people, who are supposto be the ones to help, that it results in that person losing it, and inturn goes postal. I however, internalize everything, and that's why I get so physically sick when around stimuli, but have come really close to the other.

I argued with a guy from the american legion about putting in for secondaries resulting from my ptsd. (Like acid reflux, High BP, muscle cramps/spasms, insomnia, and so on. He used an example of having an ear problem, then having cardio problems, and telling the VA they are related. I politely educated him on the fact that ears don't have much to do with a person's heart as given in his example, contrary to what I was taking about. Either he was another burnout that just thinks he's talking to an idiot, or he just doesn't care. BTW he's a retired Lt. Col.

I'm still getting charged co-pays for the meds prescribed for these conditions since the VA seems to play stuid on what these are from. The pharmacy said I have to take it up with my pcp, my pcp said I have to take it up with Benefits. Benefits said I have to take it up with my pcp. etc. No kidding!

How is it that someone completely overwhelmed by what ales them, fight these supposedly edumacated professionals?

My estimation, based on my experience of interaction with VA staff, of those who do what's good for the veteran, and those who don't, is about 1(good) to 3(bad).