VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yes!

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

I'm still working on getting all my stuff together to file my claim. My therapist told me it would be great if i could get documentation of treatment rcvd outside of the VA. well, seeing how i have been pushing the issue aside for 20 years, i never kept records. just out of curiosity, i called the insurance company i had with fedex at one point. they had a record of a referral from 2000. wooohoooo! now if i could just remember who fedex used in the mid 90s....it just made my day to hear them say they had that pc of paper. after all these years, i may get some long over due relief. its almost as if my pain has been validated.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

How long have you been out of the military? What is your disability? Have you had continuity of treatment since military? Do you have documentation in service?

These are just some of the issues that VA uses to grant claims.

Jay

I'm still working on getting all my stuff together to file my claim. My therapist told me it would be great if i could get documentation of treatment rcvd outside of the VA. well, seeing how i have been pushing the issue aside for 20 years, i never kept records. just out of curiosity, i called the insurance company i had with fedex at one point. they had a record of a referral from 2000. wooohoooo! now if i could just remember who fedex used in the mid 90s....it just made my day to hear them say they had that pc of paper. after all these years, i may get some long over due relief. its almost as if my pain has been validated.

been out 19 yrs, no i have not had continuous care. hence the reason im so excited over one small accomplishment....and the disability is obviously PTSD since thats where i posted. thx for killing my excitement, dude

Its not that bad PTSD is a horse of a different color most of your fellow vets here are very knowledgble in that area but I am not one of them. You are headed in the right direction this is a marathon and its all about preperation and that starts with evidence. The PTSD heavyweights are watching and the will speak up when you need them. Good Luck!

I don't make the rules. The VA does. I could have boosted you up but that would have been wrong of me to do. Just posting some facts dude.

Didn't mean to ruin your excitement.

Jay

been out 19 yrs, no i have not had continuous care. hence the reason im so excited over one small accomplishment....and the disability is obviously PTSD since thats where i posted. thx for killing my excitement, dude
Edited by WHOLESALE

Do you have a documented stressor while you were in the service?

Just trying to help buddy. The more information we know the more we can help you.

Jay

Is your PTSD documented in your SMRs? If so, that's a HUGE help. If not.........eek.

With the lack of continuity in your medical/mental health care for PTSD it will likely pose a problem.

Do you have your SMRs? If not, you need to get them....first thing to do.