VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had C&p Exam

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

Well I just had my C&P exam last Thursday, I think it went well. I took the advice given by several here on hadit and did not take my morphine, neurontin, or codiene for a day prior to the exam. Oh boy, did it worked, I had 9/10 pain with sweating, and range of motion almost nothing. I think he felt sorry for me especially after I told him "I can't live like this" and "I won't live like this". He was openly worried that I might be suicidal (which I am), due to PTSD, this just adds to it. He talked very positive and kept reassuring me that I would get better and not to worry, that alot of what he said was "off the record" and "would not wind up in his report", we will see. The exam was very thorough and I think favorable.

Anyway I just want to thank all who gave advice and assistance. This is THE best site and I've learned so much. Hopefully, I can return the favor someday.

Respectfully,

Bergie

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Good job...We have to be smart dealing with these doctors. They need to see the worst for us to get a fair evaluation.

Jay

Well I just had my C&P exam last Thursday, I think it went well. I took the advice given by several here on hadit and did not take my morphine, neurontin, or codiene for a day prior to the exam. Oh boy, did it worked, I had 9/10 pain with sweating, and range of motion almost nothing. I think he felt sorry for me especially after I told him "I can't live like this" and "I won't live like this". He was openly worried that I might be suicidal (which I am), due to PTSD, this just adds to it. He talked very positive and kept reassuring me that I would get better and not to worry, that alot of what he said was "off the record" and "would not wind up in his report", we will see. The exam was very thorough and I think favorable.

Anyway I just want to thank all who gave advice and assistance. This is THE best site and I've learned so much. Hopefully, I can return the favor someday.

Respectfully,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Respectfully,

Bergie

Great! Get a copy of that C&P Exam, ASAP, thru FOIA at the VAMC! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Bergie:

I am glad that Hadit has helped you. Helping Veterans with claims is what its all about

Respectfully,

Bergie

How do I get a copy of the C&P exam, and how long before I can get it?

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

If it was done at your VAMC you can go to Patient Information sign a form and have a copy in minutes.

If it was done outside the VA than you have to get VARO to give you a copy not nearly as easy.