VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Advice

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

I have read quite a large number of posts from everyone regarding horror stories at c&p exams, especially PTSD exams. I know first hand as I was told during my exam for a NOD that I "have not played the game long enough" and that "I needed to wait a few years, then I'll get it". Anyway, I just thought of this, maybe someone else has mentioned it I don't know. I think that everytime we have these exams we should bring a small tape recorder and record the BS, don't mention the recorder until after the exam and see how their attitude changes. This would sure turn heads if the public could see what we go through. Another sad misconseption, the doctors at the VAMC and clinics sure don't have a clue with regard to the c&p doc's and the VARO. Ok I'm through venting, thanks for listening!!!

Have a nice day,

Bergie

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Like I stated before, if you do it don't tell anyone you did it.

Do it at your own risk.

Jay

Jay, your list is nice. But, when dealing with the VA you are dealing with a Federal institution. When you step onto VA property, the only "state" that you are in is the United States, and you are, the minute you drive off the city street and into the VA parking lot, dealing with Federal rules and regs. Heck, the doctor's don't even have to be licensed in the state in which they practice, nor do the nurses.

And, I would not advise recording anything.

Have y'all seen the little signs as you stroll around the VA Hospital......something about recording devices and cameras and how ya ain't suppose to.

The notices ARE there. You may have to look for them, but they are there. Has something to do with HIPPA, also, and the fact that some people's presence and treatment at a medical facility are no one else's bidness.

just sayin'

If I plan to record I am not warning them.

It sure would be funny if a copy accidently turned up on U-Tube or your local congressmans office?

This topic is so relevant to the bs the va continues to put us vets through. I thought I would try out a new clinic, dr, nurse, staff...so I get the records and as I was reading them, I knew they could not be mine!! The patient must have been able to do cartwheels, and back flips with the written documentation.

So I go to the clinic, and highlight all the errors, and hand that into the staff, and low and behold... get the same ol same ol...write to the medical privacy officer with your issues...ha ha...didn't work before, its a fuc*ing shame these?professionals? are allowed to lie and screw us more. I feel sorry for those who do not get copies of their records and sit and wonder why their claim/claims have been denied!

SO I go in with pain c/o 8 and the ?nurse? writes 3...she writes she had me watch videos, gave me phamplets, checklists, diet sheets, on and on...when? In her dreams!!

I called her back on that and she said she would ammend the errors she wrote and send me a packet of the info she should have given me...we discussed what to write and the correct info to ammend...and to mail it all to me...

A vet goes in with 3 braces on even becomes very tearful during the exam and mentally has difficulty with explaining the facts, yet the documentation reveals, no problems, no complaints, vet says"feels very good today!" In what world?? WTF?? Now all my work for the last 5+ years is going down the drain because these dum fuc*s can't/won't write what was said!!

The fuc*ing liar bitch calls me back 10 minutes later and said her supervisor said she couldn't put the corrections in my file/chart! What you screw me, then tell me you will rectify it, and now tell me you will do nothing!! F U bitch!!!

I am going to tape everything I don't give a rat's ass...I am so sick and tired of seeking assistance and getting screwed by these idiots. So what will they do arrest me for protecting myself against their lying asses??

Why have I been on all these controlled pain meds, antidepressants, antihypertensive meds, and others, yet the chart signifys no meds taken at all by vet!! WTF??? Do I need to take them in front of them?? Want to check my mouth to see if I swallowed them??

I am so disgusted with all the bs at each and every clinic/hosp I go to. Yep tape recorder is going to be my trusty side kick!!

It is called MY freedom of hearing!! They don't listen to my freedom of speech so I will tape myself on what I say and on what I hear...after all I do have a hearing impairment and don't want to miss anything that is said to me!!

Forgot to post the dr read my xrays and commented that it looked like my spine was holding together with dental floss...where's the bones he said...but nothing written about it!

And how,how was your week folks? :angr

Edited by halos2

Ah, I could sit here and bash bash bash but I know many examiners do the examinations correctly. It's the few that ruin it for the rest that try to do right.

Jay

This topic is so relevant to the bs the va continues to put us vets through. I thought I would try out a new clinic, dr, nurse, staff...so I get the records and as I was reading them, I knew they could not be mine!! The patient must have been able to do cartwheels, and back flips with the written documentation.

So I go to the clinic, and highlight all the errors, and hand that into the staff, and low and behold... get the same ol same ol...write to the medical privacy officer with your issues...ha ha...didn't work before, its a fuc*ing shame these?professionals? are allowed to lie and screw us more. I feel sorry for those who do not get copies of their records and sit and wonder why their claim/claims have been denied!

SO I go in with pain c/o 8 and the ?nurse? writes 3...she writes she had me watch videos, gave me phamplets, checklists, diet sheets, on and on...when? In her dreams!!

I called her back on that and she said she would ammend the errors she wrote and send me a packet of the info she should have given me...we discussed what to write and the correct info to ammend...and to mail it all to me...

A vet goes in with 3 braces on even becomes very tearful during the exam and mentally has difficulty with explaining the facts, yet the documentation reveals, no problems, no complaints, vet says"feels very good today!" In what world?? WTF?? Now all my work for the last 5+ years is going down the drain because these dum fuc*s can't/won't write what was said!!

The fuc*ing liar bitch calls me back 10 minutes later and said her supervisor said she couldn't put the corrections in my file/chart! What you screw me, then tell me you will rectify it, and now tell me you will do nothing!! F U bitch!!!

I am going to tape everything I don't give a rat's ass...I am so sick and tired of seeking assistance and getting screwed by these idiots. So what will they do arrest me for protecting myself against their lying asses??

Why have I been on all these controlled pain meds, antidepressants, antihypertensive meds, and others, yet the chart signifys no meds taken at all by vet!! WTF??? Do I need to take them in front of them?? Want to check my mouth to see if I swallowed them??

I am so disgusted with all the bs at each and every clinic/hosp I go to. Yep tape recorder is going to be my trusty side kick!!

It is called MY freedom of hearing!! They don't listen to my freedom of speech so I will tape myself on what I say and on what I hear...after all I do have a hearing impairment and don't want to miss anything that is said to me!!

Forgot to post the dr read my xrays and commented that it looked like my spine was holding together with dental floss...where's the bones he said...but nothing written about it!

And how,how was your week folks? :angr

I feel really bad for all of you who experience trouble with your examiners. I've been through the process 3 or 4 times and I can't say that I've come across any examiner who has lied or left anything out. My main frustration comes from the amount of time it takes the VA to help us. Good luck and I hope you get what you deserve!