VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varicose Veins

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

Hello I have 22 years in the military and retired in 2003. I was recalled back to active duty on 2006 and was turned down for service due to having varicose veins. This condition has been noted on my military health records during my time in service. Per the MEPS doctor this condition is a NON waverable, so to make it short no more active duty for me. I then proceded to file a service conected claim for this condition. I sent the VA everything they had requested to include my MEPS physicals stating the reason for not being able to go back on active duty and a copy of my recall letter from DOD. I'm working with a VRO as well to help me in filing this claim. in short I have been turned down for service conected for this condition and now resubmitted a NOD to the VA AGAIN. the last letter I received from the VA stated that this condition was a pre existing prior to military service Yea right like I had this condition when I joined the military on my 17th birthday. I did not have varicose veins at age 17. the letter also states that I have to prove that the military agavated this condition and also my military service health record does show I have varicose veins after my 10th year in service but I did not seek medical attention. So at this point it is still up at the VA waiting on the descision with a notice of NOD and in the meantime I have been submitting medical records from the VA hospital and private doctor and a vascular surgen as well in suport of my claim. The local VA doctor here has precribed me compression tet hose to wear, so my question is am I just spinning my wheels in fighting this claim? thank you for any response or recommendations that you may have.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA issued me a prescription for compression hosiery 20/30 for my vericose veins so now I need to send up additional evidence to support my claim, hopefully I will not get turned down again because I did not seek military treatment while on active duty for this condition. The VA outpatient doctor wrote a good patient note's to help with this claim. I gave the people up at the rating board more than they need but I feel they are beating this around the tree. this is where I beleive I fall under "Intermittent edema of extremity or aching and fatigue in leg after prolonged standing or walking, with symptoms relieved by elevation of extremity or compression hosiery 10 percent.

any ideals or sugestions before I submit additional information? Thanks