VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Computer Generated 60 Day Letter

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

Have received several of these spit out of the pc letters, however, none received this month. You know the ones, every 60 days, blah, blah...doing all we can to process you claim, etc. and so forth.

I wonder, wonder, wonder if possibly since this months "letter" didn't arrive when scheduled, and DH's TDIU claim will be 60 days and counting on 6/23, if VARO is finally getting around to rating it. It's been there since 4/24/09 per IRIS and 1-800, filed the darn thing last October.

Reluctantly we have had to keep the VSO on board as there is a pending decision at BVA also, the VA did set up a temp file for the TDIU. If I had enough energy to post what VSO said, I would.....lets just say they don't know how to count. Reps says, oh they don't count weekends when counting out the days, they only count business days a claim is in the pot getting stirred. When I was the heavy hearted soul who worked for an attorney who had a contract processing foreclosures on VA home mortgages (in the 80's), they sure counted the weekends for those who were losing their homes. Interesting.....

Thoughts????????

VetsLady

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Did your past employers receive their verification forms and return them yet???

here is my thought on it, just a guess, so don't take it as anything...

Those letters are sent whenever your file comes up for air, and the va people see that they are waiting for something.. so they generate a letter.. I would think it is good news that you didn't get one.. maybe it is being worked.

For my IU claim.. I got the "working on it letter".. then the employer forms ( i didn't put down the addresses on my application.. so they sent them to me ).. and a week after that got a call asking for the employers addresses... Once I got the employers to fill out the forms, and dropped them off at the VA it was about a week or so and they granted it..

I wonder, wonder, wonder if possibly since this months "letter" didn't arrive when scheduled, and DH's TDIU claim will be 60 days and counting on 6/23, if VARO is finally getting around to rating it. It's been there since 4/24/09 per IRIS and 1-800, filed the darn thing last October.

A claim for TDIU filed October 2008 probably has 6-12 more months before you hear anything, unless it's an original claim from an OIF/OEF vet and remember,

VA has no time limit to respond.

Very rarely go by what the 1-800 # tells you.

Reluctantly we have had to keep the VSO on board as there is a pending decision at BVA

When was the claim certified and transferred to BVA?

Have you received notice from BVA that they have your file

and been assigned and provided a docket #?

also, the VA did set up a temp file for the TDIU.

I feel VARO will not work the claim for TDIU until BVA is finished.

Reps says, oh they don't count weekends when counting out the days, they only count business days a claim is in the pot getting stirred.

I feel VA only counts days when it is less adventageous to the claimant,

but there is a rule for this also, maybe someone will post it for you.

carlie