VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anger Management

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

PR

You hit the nail on the head. Its not what is going on around us it is what we do about it. I quit looking at news shows on TV and feel a whole lot better.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure the feelings come from inside....but the causes of the feelings come from outside stressors and those are beyond my control. Those are the triggers. And once I'm triggered (with either anger or depression or PTSD issues) there are many times I can't stop it....it's much like the snowball effect.

• HadIt.com Elder
You can disagree but both anger and depression come from within us. It's caused by how we think about things that go on around us. Once one realizes that, they can change their thinking.

pr

So, all I have to do to overcome my depression is to change my thinking?

And, all this time I thought I had something seriously wrong with me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Some of these anger things are chemical. I know that for sure. When I get steroid injections I always get edgy. When I take certain pain killers I get angry for no reason except what the chemical is doing to me. I know this and I can predict it like clockwork. I take my some pain meds and meds to calm me down and I get depressed. This is not my thinking. This is those chemicals soaking into my brain and firing up my anger responses. Contact with other people is the best way to cope with depression. I don't mean hacking into them but talk like in psychotherapy. I was in a group for about 30 years and it saved my life. I felt safe for the first time in my life.

If someone is diagnosed with MDD or Bipolar it is a chemical imbalance. If you experience something like death in a family then that is just situational and most overcome it and the depression goes away.

I agree along with most shrinks that there is a chemical imbalance that's causing the depression and/or bipolar.....this is including anger issues.

jay

Some of these anger things are chemical. I know that for sure. When I get steroid injections I always get edgy. When I take certain pain killers I get angry for no reason except what the chemical is doing to me. I know this and I can predict it like clockwork. I take my some pain meds and meds to calm me down and I get depressed. This is not my thinking. This is those chemicals soaking into my brain and firing up my anger responses. Contact with other people is the best way to cope with depression. I don't mean hacking into them but talk like in psychotherapy. I was in a group for about 30 years and it saved my life. I felt safe for the first time in my life.

Wow wholesale....where did you get your psych degree?

My Dad passed away almost 3 years ago....you just don't "get over" stuff like that. I sat for 4 days and watched him die.

Since no ADs have ever helped me....I don't believe mine is a chemical imbalance. The majority of it goes back to my PTSD issues and life issues that keep piling on.