VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anger Management

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm going to chime in a give some advice/opinions, etc.. When I got out of the service I was as nervous as mexican jumping bean. Friends of mine got me into working out gym, raquetball, running, golf, kayaking, etc.. I have been doing all these thing the past 30 years or so, some more than others. I have been thrown in jail in South America and in the US, all drug related stuff. I was spiraling out of control. While incarcerated here in the US I really got into running, 10 miles a day. I kept that up until I started getting knee and heel problems. To this day I still go to the gym for a couple hours, 4 or five time a week, still golf, kayak, bicycle. Been through the whole gamut of anger, cognitive, groups and sessions and have learned from those programs. But during those years I was not taking any prescribed meds for ptsd or depression. So what I am saying is that physical activity is the only thing that kept me sane and functiong. I started taking medications around 5-6 years ago for depression, anger, etc.. Then the diagnoses for ptsd came. The meds really did take the edge off and made me lot less angst. But, I still have to work out, especially cardio. The anger, depression, anxiety, ptsd issues wont ever go away. I'm aware of my problems and monitor them and along with the meds, exercising and life lessons learned I feel that things are fairly in control. I am a firm believer being active, exercising is the best therapy there and it can be free. Walking 45 minutes at a rapid pace is an excellent cardio workout. I know that there are people who have limitations to what they can do physically and that is a whole different story. I am talking about individuals who can walk and do most every thing on there own. Embrace what you have and use it, because life is short. Hope this can help.

t&b

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
Geez Larry, but that's tough stuff that you were offended. Depression still comes from within and I stand by my statement. Changing ones thinking can certainly improve ones condition. Some may need some medication, to assist, at times, but to blame everyone else or outside sources is plain ridiculous! jmo

pr

First of all, sir, I never, ever, have "blamed" ANYone else and certainly not "everyone else".

Nor, have I blamed "outside sources".

And, it thrills me so much to see that it is okay to take "some medication, to assist, at times".

Give me your 'phone number, Doc, so's I can give you a ringy-dingy to check to see if I can take some of my medication, some of the time. You know, that medication that I have to take, daily, that medication that takes THREE WEEKS to build up an adequate blood level to keep me from wanting to commit suicide. Yeah, THAT medication.

But, I do accept your apology for being offensive.

I guess that one of the reasons that you are so blissful is that ignorance IS bliss. And, I'm certainly sorry if I have offended YOU!

• Founder

wholesale if you are physically hurting yourself if you are feeling a high from it, then i strongly suggest that you tell your doc, this is not healthy and hopefully they can help you manage it better.

I enjoy my anger moments too especially when i'm depressed. Anger has a way of letting me forgot about my depression. I sometimes feel high when I get angry. I yell, throw stuff, beat my stuffed animals, and usually don't stop until I feel some pain. Pain as in I hit something and I bruise myself up a little. The pain is another part of the high that I like and after the pain my anger goes down.

It's all a process and as long as no one gets in my way when I'm angry everyone's safe except for the furniture.

Jay

• HadIt.com Elder
wholesale if you are physically hurting yourself if you are feeling a high from it, then i strongly suggest that you tell your doc, this is not healthy and hopefully they can help you manage it better.

or, just think happy thoughts.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm going to chime in again. I have been following this thread and I think there has been some good advice given in this thread. But in reality the thread does not seem to be doing any good for some members and is turning in too a combative/name caling thread. It is sad that some people will not take advice or help and disagree to disagree just to get attention to there plight. I'm not going to post in this thread again. It's turning into a circus and ought to be closed.

t&b