VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

tejolive2

Question

I had a C&P exam at the VA back in 1980, because I had problem with my heart (beating too fast after running the PFT test) while in the service. The chest x-ray showed "old granulomas calcific residua” in my lungs. I was denied service connection, however the denial letter did not state anything about the results of my chest x-ray. The letter did not mention anything about an x-ray being done at all. In 1989 the VA did an x-ray and found that I had a spot on my lungs that was diagnosed as Sarcoidosis. My lungs are scarred from a disease that I had no idea I had because the VA said C&P exams are not kept at the hospital, but sent to the regional office. Who has the responsiblity to let the Veteran know that they have a disease and why would the Regional office not mention the results of the X-ray?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

First of all,what ever happen to you medically in the military and its not recorded on your military medical records as "CHRONIC" you will have to get a Individualy medical Opinion, that states this disability ocurred during your military service

mobie

Who has the responsiblity to let the Veteran know that they have a disease and why would the Regional office not mention the results of the X-ray?

Answer: The veterans doctor's.

C&P examinations are not designed to provide the claimant with medical information

or treat for disease. They are only there to do as instructed by the decision maker's

request.

I would venture to say tho that if you have incurred additional disability due to

non or misdiagnosis of your medical problems by your VA medical team, you may consider

filing an 1151 claim.

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie