VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How To Obtain Stressor Coroboration

Rate this question

rikkor

Question

filed a unemployablity claim in 2006 denied....had 60 % before filing also included was the claim for ptsd denied.... had a 60 % rated before i filed reduced 10% for sumthing i had for over 15 yrs va claimed error in a 40 % rating for leg .any how gave me service connection for (3) heniated disk 10% so award was the same 60% i thought a 70% disability rating was necessary to file for unemployability? as described by army Dr's when incident occured ie. Traumatic laceration of achilles tendon and nerves r/ leg claw foot deformity when struck/attacked by a power lawn mower from rear by unknown active duty soldier....hence i was 17@ the time delayed entry program. Dad had to fly to Missouri as I was not of age to decide..to operate etc?ie according to army? i believe the chronic pain is secondary to the injury? also substance abuse is secondary to injury and chronic pain? PTSD direct result of injury? herniated disks secondary to injury(caused by unbalanced ambulation) Plz advise where do i go from here... have been in phsy wards all over the US for suicidal ideation, anixity, depression, insomnia, flashbacks . currently seeing VA in miami behavioral clinic for meds. and emergency room doc stated PTSD? how do i obtain Stressor coroboration? is a cue involved?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You need to get the incident report from the accident. The Hospital report also will verify the stressor. Delayed entry program only counts towards pay increases. You may want to file for depression as secondary to the alreay service connected condition.

You need to get the incident report from the accident. The Hospital report also will verify the stressor. Delayed entry program only counts towards pay increases. You may want to file for depression as secondary to the alreay service connected condition.

how and where do i get an incident report this happened on active duty in 1976 on base in ft. lenardwood, mo.????

filed a unemployablity claim in 2006 denied....had 60 % before filing also included was the claim for ptsd denied.... had a 60 % rated before i filed reduced 10% for sumthing i had for over 15 yrs va claimed error in a 40 % rating for leg .any how gave me service connection for (3) heniated disk 10% so award was the same 60% i thought a 70% disability rating was necessary to file for unemployability? as described by army Dr's when incident occured ie. Traumatic laceration of achilles tendon and nerves r/ leg claw foot deformity when struck/attacked by a power lawn mower from rear by unknown active duty soldier....hence i was 17@ the time delayed entry program. Dad had to fly to Missouri as I was not of age to decide..to operate etc?ie according to army? i believe the chronic pain is secondary to the injury? also substance abuse is secondary to injury and chronic pain? PTSD direct result of injury? herniated disks secondary to injury(caused by unbalanced ambulation) Plz advise where do i go from here... have been in phsy wards all over the US for suicidal ideation, anixity, depression, insomnia, flashbacks . currently seeing VA in miami behavioral clinic for meds. and emergency room doc stated PTSD? how do i obtain Stressor coroboration? is a cue involved?

rikkor,

Welcome to Hadit.

Please do us all a favor and when posting, break it down into paragraph for.

As posted above is confusing and difficult for many of us to read. Thanks.

You are currently SC'd for what disabilities and at what percentages for each.

You say VA reduced a 10 % SC'd disability that you had been granted over

15 years ago - what was the disability? In the Rating Decision that promulgated

the reduction, what are the exact words in the Reasons and Bases Section for the reduction?

You also posted,

"i believe the chronic pain is secondary to the injury? also substance abuse is secondary to injury and chronic pain? PTSD direct result of injury? herniated disks secondary to injury(caused by unbalanced ambulation)".

What exactly have medical doctors put in your Treatment Reports and/or Progress Notes

regarding your 1) chronic pain, 2) herniated disks, 3) inbalanced ambulation

(which probably deals with your gait) - are you RX'd any prosthetics like a cane

or walker?

You say, Emergency room doc stated PTSD.

What did ER doc put on paper?

What exactly have Mental Health doctors (Psychiatrist, Psychologist, L.C.S.W.)

put in your Treatment Reports and/or Progress Notes in regards to PTSD?

carlie

how and where do i get an incident report this happened on active duty in 1976 on base in ft. lenardwood, mo.????

Treatment report should be in your service medical records (SMRs). You can also use lay statements from individuals who knew of the incident.

rikkor,what happen to you,at ft Lenardwood Mo.is a traumatic event,and you can use that as your Inservice Stressor to coroborate,tell your psychologist or psychiatrist that you are still having nitemares,flashback about the accident where you was attacked from behind by another soldier on a lawn mower.To get your medical records go to this website. http://vetrecs.archives.gov/ and at the bottom of page click on Request military Records,and fill out form and send it in through your computer,be sure to copy page with address,sign it and fax it of mail it to address given.

mobie16r