VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic Awarded In Record Time

cjevans

Question

Hello Everyone,

Just had to tell you that I received a phone call this morning from my rep at American Legion. She told me that my DIC claim (effective April 14, 2009) was AWARDED!!!! I should be getting my formal letter 10 to 15 days!

She said that DIC, DEA, Acrued Benefits, burial, etc., have been awarded. They are now figuring out the figures.

I filed for DIC (with all of your help) on May 11th.

Thank you again for all your suggestions and input. I must have done something right!

:unsure:

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Everyone.....I told you Wednesday that American Legion called and told me my DIC claim filed May 11, 2009 was approved! Low and behold I received TWO envelopes from VA YESTERDAY! All my husband acrued CUE benefit, burial, month of death and DIC are awarded. Can't believe in RECORD TIME!

I should be getting checks next week. Filed On May 11th and its only June 28th. I guess the hard work I did making sure my husband's death certificate read correctly really helped in making their decision on service connected death. Thanks again Hadit for all your suggestions!

• HadIt.com Elder

I am glad that at loeast the VA did the right thing in your caSE. i AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.