VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Sc When In Hosp. (va Paragraph 29)

Rate this question

Guest Ryan

Question

I went to a locked down unit on Dec. 10, 2007. (Sheridan, Wy. VAMC)

I was transfered to a (SNU) special needs unit on Dec. 17, 2007. (Sheridan, Wy. VAMC)

I was then discharged to a residential PTSD program on Dec. 19, 2007 (Sheridan, Wy. VAMC)

I graduated from the residential PTSD program (at the VAMC), and was sent home to attend follow ups at the VA clinic after completing the program on Jan. 30, 2008.

Do I qualify for 100% in this timeframe according to VA paragraph 29?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Heck, I would think so since you obviously can't work but I think there's a time you have to be hospitalized in order to get 100%.

Have you put in a claim for TDIU?

Billy

Have not put in for TDIU. I'm waiting for a decision on upping my original ptsd rating of 10% before filing a few other claims of secondarys related to a 20% SC issue involving my right leg. I'm told to wait since it will just delay everything in the mean time.

I got a letter today requesting my med records on this Paragraph 29 issue, and was wondering if anyone knew much about wether or not a resident ptsd program at the same VAMC would count for the 30, or 31 days which ever it is, to get a temporary compensation of 100% for that time. They'll probably schedule me for a c&p exam with daffy duck for this one I'm sure.

(My two claims have been transfered to Denver after moving here from Casper, Wy. Which made my original regional office Cheyenne, Wy. for this claim, and my ptsd appeal.)

With that in mind, in this letter today I noticed when it says they are working on my appeal for my 10% that was given in Cheyenne, it has no mention of including anxiety, and depression, where as before it said that on everything. I called the 1800-827-1000 and talked to a benefits guy about it. He said he forwarded my concern of altering the claim just by going from one regional office to another. He Said "It would be logged in the system." Is this a typical tactic setting me up for something?

I've been on SSD, since like april of '08, and they have been truely a life saver.

My SC from my 10% rating,and subsequent appeal, goes back to the original claim filed on Dec. 19, 2007. (the day I was discharged from SNU, and started the rez. ptsd program).

I think you mean what they call here in NY the PTSD 21 day in house program?

Yes this should qualify you for the temp 100%.

Is your 30% for PTSD?

When my husband was in the 21 day PTSD program here in NY (Buffalo VAMC) someone as part of the treatment team applied for him and the other vets for the 100% temp comp.It was normal SOP in those days to do this- has that changed?

gee- i didnt realise there were more posts here-

what do you get the SSA for?

Make sure you tell VA you get SSA when you apply for TDIU.

After the 21 day Inhouse (which VA counts as a compete month of hospitalization- my husband didn't need to see Daffy Duck-

His PTSD files from the program were what they used to award the temp 100%.

Your post sure made me smile- my daughter-in high school then- made colorful diplomas for all the vets that were in the PTSD program with my husband at Buffalo.

It said they had all graduated from the College of Southeast Asia (all combat Vietnam vets)

She put the Vietnam Campaign Ribbon on the Diplomas and other little doo dads and a few sayings that PTSD vets could relate to.

They just loved those diplomas.

The regs state that Temp Comp is paid for periods of hospitalization in excess of 21 days for treatment of a service connected disability.38 CFR 4.29.

I guess the PTSD program here was longer than 21 days but not by much.I think they count the day you get there and then the day you leave.