VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To This Board

Rate this question

mikep23661

Question

Hello everyone. As you can see, I am new to this board and website. I am hoping that someone can guide me in the right direction.

I have three things, the first being my service-connected disability for my back, my acute sinusitis, and also possibly and hopefully, a claim for PTSD.

I will start out with the most severe conditon, which is my back. I injured my back in a fall back in 1996 or 1997 while in FT. Lee, Va. moving wall lockers from one building to another. Since that time, my back has gradually gotten worse. I used to be able to pass a PT test, but now i struggle to run or even jog for longer than three minutes. What I feel is intense pressure on my lower back almost like its pulling towards the ground. Because of that, I have gained more weight than I have ever thought that I would. I believe I currently at 10% for this condition with some secondaries. My question to you guys is does this condition warrant a higher rating? Furthurmore, is there a difference between chronic lumbosacral strain and a bulging disc?

Second, I have stated in my medical records that I suffer from acute sinusitis. I have frequent nose bleeds, and I snort quite frequently. They told me that although it was service connected, a 0 rating is what they will give me because of no anomalies found on x-rays? Any words of advice?

Lastly, and what i feel is legitimate, but will be a far stretch to prove is PTSD. I have nothing in my medical records about it or the incident, but at the time, I didnt feel as if I needed to make it an issue. I was part of the 603rdTC (PLS unit) when we were deployed to Bosnia back in 1998. They briefed us on the dangers in theater. THey said that being that Bosnia is one of the most heavily land-minded coutries on earth, that it is vital that we stay on the pavement at all cost. Needless to say, after crossing the Sava river, this E-5 I was riding with constantly kept swerving off the road. Me being the passenger, I am sitting there almost litterally messing my pants because A, the dangers that tolds us about when traveling in theater and B, because I actually say freaking landmines on the shoulders of the road!!! Fast forward to today, I took two trips to San Antonio form Okc with my in-laws to see their father who was at the VA their. Those were the two most excruciating rides that i have ever been on other than the one in Bosnia. I am not used to having other drive me to places. I do all the driving myself. But while on the road, I broke out in cold sweats, I became very, very anxious to get out of the vehicle, and i pretty much felt as if I was transported back in Bosnia on that ride. Sorry so long, but do any of you think I have anything as far as a Ptsd case goes. Thank you for listening.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet