VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scientists Kill Cancer Cells With "trojan Horse"

Rate this topic

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...but its had no human trials yet.

I wish there was more info published about the therapy my Dad had. Adult-to-adult stem cell transplant. He was dx with the acute type of leukemia and at a very late stage. The docs he had were working on this experimental treatment because they knew that chemo would not help him. So he agreed. They took bone marrow from his brother (a perfect match) extracted out the stem cells, did not even process them and put them directly into my Dad (after his system was wiped out)....and it worked!! He wasn't in remission...he was declared cured!!

He lived cancer-free for 7 years....hell, he was healthier than the rest of us! He went back to square dancing, walking 10 miles a day, bike riding...everything. But then he was stricken with a different form of cancer which swept thru his body very quickly...another stem cell transplant was not possible. He passed 3 years ago.

They called him the "Miracle Man" and his case is written in the Medical Journals. They are still working with adult stem cell transplants. Hopefully one day, it will be perfected. But those 7 years were heaven.

• HadIt.com Elder

Aw Purple, sweet memories and a real pioneer too!

...but its had no human trials yet.

I wish there was more info published about the therapy my Dad had. Adult-to-adult stem cell transplant. He was dx with the acute type of leukemia and at a very late stage. The docs he had were working on this experimental treatment because they knew that chemo would not help him. So he agreed. They took bone marrow from his brother (a perfect match) extracted out the stem cells, did not even process them and put them directly into my Dad (after his system was wiped out)....and it worked!! He wasn't in remission...he was declared cured!!

He lived cancer-free for 7 years....hell, he was healthier than the rest of us! He went back to square dancing, walking 10 miles a day, bike riding...everything. But then he was stricken with a different form of cancer which swept thru his body very quickly...another stem cell transplant was not possible. He passed 3 years ago.

They called him the "Miracle Man" and his case is written in the Medical Journals. They are still working with adult stem cell transplants. Hopefully one day, it will be perfected. But those 7 years were heaven.