VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Mail Imo

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

I have a upcoming C&P exam and I have a surgeon preparing an IMO in support of my case. My question;

Should I go ahead and mail this to the RO that now has the remanded case from the BVA, or should I wait and take it with me to the exam and give it to the exam doctor.

Next question;

My claim was filed in May of 2004. Should I go ahead and request medical record from 2004 to present, since they could be relivant and send them to th RO, or wait and let them request them?

THANKS in ADVANCE FOR YOUR COMENTS!!!

Blackbird

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I have a upcoming C&P exam and I have a surgeon preparing an IMO in support of my case. My question;

Should I go ahead and mail this to the RO that now has the remanded case from the BVA, or should I wait and take it with me to the exam and give it to the exam doctor.

Next question;

My claim was filed in May of 2004. Should I go ahead and request medical record from 2004 to present, since they could be relivant and send them to th RO, or wait and let them request them?

THANKS in ADVANCE FOR YOUR COMENTS!!!

Blackbird

yes yes ... get mediacl records.... and mial it to the ro certified so you know he gets it and you have a receipt for it....and make a copy and take it with you kill two birds with one stone....also make copies for yourself get a three ring binder and seperate each cliam if you have more than one....

• HadIt.com Elder

I would hand the IMO to VARO and get date stamped copies. The C&P doctor is going to make his own judgement and probably won't even read the IMO. The thing about doing an IMO before you get the C&P result is that you don't know what parts of the C&P exam you want your IMO to rebut.

I took my IMO to the C&P exam with me. The doctor said it was very helpful as they did not ask me some of the important information, needed to verify my claim, on exam. He took the time to read it and asked my very few question. His report almost mirrored the IMO just in his own words. Worked for me.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are paying an IMO good money for a report it is good to use it to rebut things the VA may say in your rating. I think you could do both. Have an IMO to hand to the C&P man, and then wait and get another variation if the exam or rating goes bad. I handed in two IMO's when I applied for IU. The VA denied my IU based on me having a NSC condition. I then went back and got another IMO to get around that problem. When VA then granted IU they denied P&T. I went back and got another IMO to beat that. IMO's are the best medical evidence besides what is in your SMR's. To win the VA lottery you have to get evidence.

John's right....The more evidence you have the less the VA has to negate.

Billy

Thanks veterans for all the response!

One thing that I see that should have been in my original post; I'm using the IMO as part of the evidence to establish SC for an accident I had on duty with the Air National Guard while deployed. I did not seek medical attention when I thought I had just pulled a muscle in 1995. I have a good paper trail of treatment from private doctors starting immediately after returning to the states. This led to the first surgery on my back 3 months after the accident, followed by 9 more spine surgeries, the last of which was Jun16 2009. The neurosurgeon states that the disc problem he corrected is without a doubt the result of the incident I described.