VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet had a case,last 4 years,in Washington. I sent IRIS-----This is response he got. No word ever before this. Vet just got letter,stating that his appeals was remanded back to your Regional office from the Board of Veterans Appeals.

Says Currently your appeal is pending review with the Decision Review Officer.During this process,the DRO will review all evidence,arguments,statements from your representative,and any other pertinent information as it relates to your claim.

We are unable to give you a time frame when this will be complete as the DRO reviews Claims in the ORDER THEY ARE RECEIVED.

He was shot in eye,received 30%-but has had all kinds of problems in the last 4 years-where his eye has gotten worse,now has glocomma,had cataract removed,his eye is always crying,depressed.

He is on SS Disability-from other things-he is all banged up=will never work again./////

Should he go ahead an file for Secondary Conditions-Plus unemployability as it appears that his case will take a long time with the DRO anyway????

PLEASE HELP ME SEE WHICH WAY TO GO FROM HERE!!!!!

HELP PLEASE !!!

Can you move this post to Claim-Compensation where it will be read by more people

Edited by mymissie

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

How well do you know this vet?

When did you start trying to help him?

Did I understand you to say that there has been no contact between the VA and this vet for four years?

How well do you know this vet?

When did you start trying to help him?

Did I understand you to say that there has been no contact between the VA and this vet for four years?

been KNOWING HIM FOR SOME TIME. HE GOT THE letters SAYING THAT THEY WERE WORKING ON HIS CASE,ECT!!

DAV is the one who filed the claim-but he has tried calling then,wrote them(DAV) requesting status of his claim-no answer.

Until I sent IRIS- Got answer in 5 days,but not what he was hoping for.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHATS NEXT!!!!

Edited by mymissie

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay.

It has already been "remanded", back to the VA Regional Office, for review by the DRO.

According to what the remand required, is according to how long the decision will take. That and which VARO, time of year, case load, etc.

You are a lot closer now than then.

What, exactly, did the remand call for?

BTW, I'm a believer in the IRIS system (most of the time, at other times I think that they operate on the "answer for the week" mode, you know, they all gather round the coffee pot in the breakroom on Monday morning and "pick" an answer).