VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buying New Vehicle

Rate this topic

Is there a program out there for buying new vehicles? Just wondering before I go looking. Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you belong to DAV or DAVA they have a great program with Ford that used to allow Members to buy at real factory prices. Doesn't hurt to ask if its still in place. By the way Ford sells lots of different brands

http://www.ford.com/purchasing-options/veh...rchase-programs

Thanks Pete.....kinda looking for a Toyota...

Right now is probably a good time to purchase a new auto/truck/suv...GM currently has a voucher program where the govt will give up to 4500 for a used car trade in the chevy dealers are pushing it alot now...plus hybrid's are giving up to 5000-6000 rebates for many different brands and hybrid suv's too...

0% interest offered or 3500 cash back/ 7 yr financing too...all now are offerring a plan with a new purchase if you loose your job the pmts will be made up to 6-12 mths/varies with who you buy from...it will not affect your credit rating...some have you can give the car back too.

I know a lady who wanted a decked out chevy tahoe and she waited and one of the chevy dealerships lost their dealership and she bought it for 23,000 it listed for 49,000. Chrysler/dodge/jeep are selling well below cost.

Ford is really giving some great deals. Foreign sales are up, they have deals to, but I prefer to keep american workers with their jobs with the old standard ford/chevy...this is a personal choice, who knows what the future will bring...to each his/her own. It is what I grew up with, and others will make their own choices, so this is not a debate/just offerring what is out there.

Check the web sites, newspapers, and call the dealerships. They will tell you what programs/incentives they have now.

Good luck with your search and test drive it overnight if you are serious about a certain vehicle...also ride in the back seat too/as we bought a new ford mustang GT red convertible some years back (before my disabilities took over my life) and I sat in the back seat after we bought it...no leg room...but what a slick fast beauty it was! Kept it a few yrs and traded for a eddie bauer explorer...love it and gets good gas mileage cause I drive it like a little ol' lady, haha.

Check out kelleybluebook, edmonds, for hints on what cars are worth. Heck check out craigs list too for your area. <_<