VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Progressing Or Rater?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Hey everyone i have a Q about what my husband has been told.. We though it would be best to call the VA every 2 weeks to see if there is any movement in his claim. He had 2 c&p's on the 19th of June.On the 23th we went to request his exam it was not done so they said they wouls send it to us. He called today and the woman wouls not let him know where his claim was but that the exams were recieved on the 29th to the reg. office and they got all the info they needed. what does that mean?? is it still processing??Should we call again?

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

By all means call again. Once all the information is received it should go to the rating board. However, they should be able to tell you the status of his claim.

He called though i had to talk to them because he forgets. They said that its still processing but they have all the info they need and they have his c&p exam results? When do u think it will go to the rater, what else do you think they need? thanx for the reply, He filed his claim Dec 16 2008 he got out of the military Dec 12 2008..

• HadIt.com Elder

It usually does not take to long a couple of months or so after C&P is done. If the C&P was done at a VA Hospital you can go and request a copy from the Release of Patient info and you can get a better idea how the claim is headed or if you need to look at getting some help.

Good Luck

you will get a variety of answers and it depends on your VARO.. some are really screwed up, as you can read in the news. The response I got and has been typical from my VARO is 2-3 months from the C&P.. but my inital claim took a few weeks after the C&P. The fact that it took until june to get a C&P sounds like your VARO is not very quick.

So much for the streamlined active duty to VA claims..

Was your husband medical boarded when he ets'd??

Good Luck.

no he was not boarded, he went on a 2 mo leave the day he got back from deployment.They did not even think he had problems, every time he asked to go to sick call they said he lied or told him he could not go...I did not realize how bad it was until i got a call at work telling me my husbad was no responsive in ER at balboa in San Diego...he just got back from a 1 mo mini tour the day before...i get there and he isn't talking, (they found him in the bathroom passed out on the floor) nothing, they though he had meningitis because his temp is 104 they stuck him in the back 8 times trying to get fluid which came back normal.. his sgt is there not out of concern with him, he is there just to make sure my husband was not faking.....what the heck.. i was so angry..what kind of command is this. I though it would be better for him to get out,though that he would get better, but it has not he has nightmares about it,, i cried when i read his medical files im so hurt and angry over everything we went through ... for 7 mo he called me everyday and it hurts to have your husband promise that he wont hurt himself....at first i took it as i wasn;t enough but it wasnt even about me.... it was all the things he went through and i know he's was in the navy and nothing ever happens to the navy(or so i have been told) but you never know..im sorry im just going through things right now... his meds are 160- 200 a mo depending if they change his meds... Thanx i think this is going to be a long ride... They are sending his C&P exam results in the mail to him and im sure ill be on here asking you all about it:)