VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Progressing Or Rater?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Hey everyone i have a Q about what my husband has been told.. We though it would be best to call the VA every 2 weeks to see if there is any movement in his claim. He had 2 c&p's on the 19th of June.On the 23th we went to request his exam it was not done so they said they wouls send it to us. He called today and the woman wouls not let him know where his claim was but that the exams were recieved on the 29th to the reg. office and they got all the info they needed. what does that mean?? is it still processing??Should we call again?

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

vistagirl,

My only suggestion is to not call the 800#, I always seem to get conflicting info. They are really nice, but not always accurate.

The VA's IRIS system lets you email them and ask for a response via email, or they will call you back. I've done it both ways and received great info on my claim. When I had them call me back, they were able to point me in the right direction.

Here's the link: https://iris.va.gov/scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...;p_sp=&p_li=

Good luck with your claim....Eric

I do not think they will give him 100% anything.. He got out Dec 12, 2008.. He is hoping for 30% , me i just hoping he gets enough to not have to pay for his meds.. they are over 150 a mo and more if they change his meds.... and he is unable to handle a job right now.Im scared that his Gen Exam with the dr. saying his migranes werent service connected,, but i went through his medical records all 400 pages of it and it is all there... appeals can last up to 3-4 yrs and i don;t want them to not see him.. Im just so confused have been for a couple of months.. thanx for reading this

150 a month for meds??? Is he not going to the VA for meds? at worst it is an $8 copay, which they will refund once he gets service connected for the condition.

• HadIt.com Elder

If all I had was 8 dollar copay my meds would cost $ 320 a month. It adds up.Before I went to VA I did not take any meds by the way

If I were you I would try again to get a copy of the actual C & P results.

These exams always give the vet a leg up as to what to expect in the decision.

If the claim is denied you have the actual C & P to rebutt.

Sometimes the denial letters and SOCs do not contain the entire exam.

The wording of the actual exams can be critical.I had personal experience with that.I knocked down the first C & P a VA doctor did-with medical evidence. Then VA again asked him to opine again-

By the VARO leaving out a clause added to a sentence the doc wrote in the second C & P- I had a heck of a time with the SOC.

I was so angry I called the C & P doctor only to find out what he had actually written -the additional clause to the sentence-and then he got angry too when he realised what evidence I had sent to them that the VA had failed to give him.He then sent me the actual second C & P results himself.

He would have prepared the C & P differently if they gave him the evidence he needed.

I did win that claim with a full medical rebuttal of his C & P and also at that point I also had a favorable opinion from VA's CHief Cardiologist in DC.

This doc based him opinion on what the VA let him have and they withheld significant evidence from him.As angry as I was I began to see the game that VA was playing by ignoring my medical evidence.

I contacted him a few years ago again- not thinking he would take my call but he remembered me-and asked him if he thought my DMII claim would have merit.

He said since I knocked down two of his opinions already-VA sure would not ask him to opine on this newer claim but he agreed that I certainly had raised a claim that made full medical sense.

Some C & P doctors know what they are doing and if they have all of the critical evidence- they will fairly write up their opinion.They do help many vets get proper awards.

But some of them dont have a clue- as they might not even be in the field of expertise needed to opine on the specific disability and will seek anything negative at all in order to opine against the claim.

The best rebuttal to a lousy C & P exam is an IMO from a real doctor- independent of VA and an expert in the specific disability area.

I was talking about the actual C&P exam that is why i am worried , he has not been givin a decision yet.. still processing it has been almost a month since his exam... I called the VARO and they said the Gen Dr checked out my husbands records (sent them every piece of his medical records)..In his diagnosis he said that my husbands migrains were not service connected,,i know that if he were to read it he would have seen the times that he went to sick call for headaches which have been diagnosed as migraines when he got out of service, on the first page is his medical records they have a page of cronic illnesses and problems headaches are on there??? I can just hope that they already looked at his medical records and figured out what was SC and what was not before requesting his C&P exam ,i think that is the only thing that may save him.

Gee-I misunderstood you-

that was stated in the General Exam but you have the proof in the SMRs-

Since he is OIF OEF vet the doctor should certainly have read his SMRs very carefully-it sure isnt like having a stack of VA records that fill a dolly cart-as well as the SMRs.

You do have proof of the service nexus-lets hope the VA reads his SMRs- as the doctor didn't.

Do you have a vet rep helping him?

Have you tried to get a rep who might have office in or near this VARO?