VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Progressing Or Rater?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Hey everyone i have a Q about what my husband has been told.. We though it would be best to call the VA every 2 weeks to see if there is any movement in his claim. He had 2 c&p's on the 19th of June.On the 23th we went to request his exam it was not done so they said they wouls send it to us. He called today and the woman wouls not let him know where his claim was but that the exams were recieved on the 29th to the reg. office and they got all the info they needed. what does that mean?? is it still processing??Should we call again?

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Actually you could submit copies of these SMRs yourself with highlighted parts (using a magic marker) to show the proof of the inservice headaches.

and Attach them to a 21-4138 form or just a letter saying your husband wants these records fully considered.

I can understand your concern. It almost seems the doc deliberately avoided carefully stating the nexus to his service.

If he didnt refer to the SMRs he had no medical rationale for what he said and this can be rebutted.

But maybe a letter with the SMR copies will help.

Were the headaches mentioned on his discharge certificate?

they are in his SMR about 6 times, it got so bad that is command refused to let him go to sick call and he got written up when he did.they refused to give him his original DD 214 and they gave him a clean bill of health without examining him.....He said according to his SMR the vet only went to the Dr once in his 8 years of service for headaches...and that was when he got hit in the head....lies..will it delay his claim if i highlight and take it to them on monday, or should i wait and see if someone already looked through it because someone from the VARO made a copy of the copy i gave them and sent it to us? We don't have anyone helping him, I did not know anyone did that sort of thing until i came on here.

It will delay your claim. Just let the decision come back. I know you are worried, but just let the process take it's course. Once you get your decision, then you start to fight it, but fighting it based on a C&P exam report before you get a decision is non productive. And will add a major delay to the claim.

Vista,

You should have used an organization, the DAV is consistantly one of the better organizations, but most will do. You can go to the VARO and the veterans service officers actually have offices in the VARO. They are very helpful with the kind of questions you have, and they can look up the status and tell you exactly where your claim is in the process.

They do this for free. they will never charge you.. ever.

Don't worry you are doing fine. From now on though I would make sure I went to every C&P with your hubby ( and go in with him ).. and get a Service rep.

I don't know if I can post links, but look on the DAV, VFW, or Military Order of Purple Heart websites.. You want to look for verterans services.. or claims representation. If you are having a hard time with their website you can always call their national office and ask them were is the nearby NSO ( National Service Officer )..

By the way.. My wife was in the same position as you.. and she did all of my VA paperwork..

I miss San Diego,, but now i am in St louis, and go to the VARO on i think 18th street.I may go there on monday to ask them how his claim is going.. does anyone know how often i should go over there, every week, 2 weeks, month?? thanx..i don't want to bother them to much , but enough to where they wont forget him.

Going there won't rush your claim..The people at the counter don't have anything to do with the claim. Also the VA employees cannot advise you on how to proceed with claims ( it is a conflict of interest ). But if you are going there, ask to talk to a service rep. Take all of your claim material and sit down with the DAV or whichever organization is there. They will also give you advice.