VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have The Rfc Done On The Cervical Spine Instead Of The Injections?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I had it done yesterday in 3 locatiuons and it hurts like hell. They burnt c4/c5 c5/c6 c6 /c7. I was under sedation and still crashed. They had to shoot me up again with Atropine.

I wont have it done again.

The third time will kill me.

J

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had it done yesterday in 3 locatiuons and it hurts like hell. They burnt c4/c5 c5/c6 c6 /c7. I was under sedation and still crashed. They had to shoot me up again with Atropine.

I wont have it done again.

The third time will kill me.

J

No just the Lumbar twice both side was thinking about having the cervical done, but thinking twice now. Hope you feel better. Guess I will stay with injections. My doc said they did not work very well, he said people have better results with injections in the cervical area. Take care

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you taking about ablation therapy where they burn the nerves to kill them? It did not work for me at all. Neither do the injections, nor the inflammation pills. The only thing that helps is percoset or some other damn narcotic. Maybe I am just addicted.....following the VA's written instuctions to the letter on taking narcotics. Many of us with the chronic pain issues go from doctor to doctor looking for that cure. It is frustrating as hell. I am trying to get help with my foot pain and upper back pain and getting nowhere.

John ya the radio frequency where they burn them, ya on the narcs also seems like a merry go-round. Nothing really helps. Saw on tv the other night this contraption that tips you upside down and you spin around. Guy says he is 70 yeras old and he invented works like a better mouse trap....lol. Ya right for his wallet could see me now get in that thing be real fun be haninging ther for days.

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't forget that our primary use for VA is to experiment and train Doctors before they go out and charge for their work.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

If I did not know the VA I would say you were cynical. They do use us as lab rats, and training dummies for future doctors who will one day throw us out of their office because we don't have the right kind of insurance. Big VAMC's are often next to teaching hospitals like mine. Coincidence, I think not. At my VAMC they got in trouble for gutting too many old vets in the 80's and doing heart by-pass surgery on these really sick old men. Everyone smoked and drank a fifth a day probably, but cut them open anyway just for practice. So what if they kick the bucket.