VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doctor Problems

Rate this topic

Jaz you have to stand up for yourself. These Docs can get some screwy ideas and I bet if it was himself or a member of his family he would be getting a prescription for himself.

yes..dont fill bad i ahd to take my kids in one time and my dr said that my kids had a behavior problem and i need to control them better....i was about to beat his ass accept my kids was thier ..long story short i told the pt avacate about him and she fixed it and i got a new dr....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K., thanks for the imput. I usually do speak up loud and clear but this kinda caught me off guard as the treatment has been improving for the last few years. I plan on calling him Monday, showdown time, I guess. If I didn't need the meds, I'd stop seeing VA shrinks altogether and strictly go to the Vet Center. A couple of guys in my group don't go to the VA Mental Health at all and they're both 100%.

If folks don't know about them, the Vet Centers are the best. The one here not only looks after the mental health of the guys but look out after their overall health. They give out gas cards if the Vet is down and out and put together food bundles for the holidays. Real good bunch.

jaz

Edited by Jazona

It is always possible that the doctor thought the percocet or some other meds you get would be contraindicated by each other and he felt ethically he could no longer prescribe what he did prescribe before.

All meds can be powerful and even deadly when combined with the wrong thing.

But everyone is right- see the Patient's Advocate.

And maybe it is just a glitch in the system.

Thanks for mentioning Vet Centers.I feel they provide an atmosphere unlike any type of therapy at the VA.

It was the only place I heard many Vietnam vets say long ago-at vet center where I worked -where they could go, reveal things they couldnt even tell their doc, and be understood and not judged.

Due to issues I won't go into, the Vet Center wouldn't even meet with me for a very long time. That changed about 8-10 months ago and I now have an outstanding counselor and a very good group. Berta, you're absolutely right! I feel that I and my councilor have made more progress than in all of the eight years I went to this shrink. I also say things in group that I have never told anybody, ever. It's been quite a journey.

I ran the Percoset through to check for counterindication before I started taking it, no problems. Had this shrink not wanted me taking his meds, he should have given me a plan to taper off them, not just cut me off. Heck, my councilor had just give the group a stern warning about quitting any paych med abruptly.

I'm starting to get fired up about this, but still want to make absolutely sure this isn't a glitch and give this shrink an opportunity to voice any concerns he has. I've contacted the director of the facility on other matters before with good results. If I don't get the right answers, I may go directly to her.

Many thanks,

jaz

• HadIt.com Elder

The Drug panel wants to ban percoset cause it has tylenol in it.

Pete, yeah they're really making noise about it. But a friend of mine says the formulary does carry Percoset without the acetaminiphen in it, just the opiate. It seems this spring the pharmacy ran out of the "with" and substituted "without". My friend said it did the same thing, couldn't tell any difference.

jaz