VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Audio Clinc Question

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

I just found this web site and have some concerns with up coming C&P appointments.

1. I have a C&P Audio schedule for 7/6/09 in Memphis

2. I have a C&P Audio schedule for 7/10/09 in Memphis

Is it common for VA to schedule two appointments for the same type of test?

I files for hearing lost and tinnitus in Oct 2007 and just now getting an appointment. I must state at this time I do not trust the VA claim process.

I am going into this process expecting the person giving me the test will use some tricks. I am concerned about the procedure

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Ken

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Cav,

Did VA bother to SC your hearing loss at even zero percent or did

they totally deny hearing loss as SC?

carlie

They just simply denied it Carlie. This exam took place about six months ago. I figured that hearing loss would only come back around 10% so I didn't push it. I really wanted the 0% from the Tininnitus as that pushed me over the 90% mark.

Cav

We did discuss my "Tinnitus" before and after excam. I think I meet the requirements but should know within a month.

Ken1

Ken1,

What did the discussion concerning your Tinnitus entail?

Like what questions did the examiner pose regarding Tinnitus

and what answers were you able to provide?

carlie

carlie

I have a good question for this thread - my late husband was sc at 0% for hearing loss....but why bother to even make it sc if they give you 0%? Does it make them feel like they did something to benefit the vet?

They just simply denied it Carlie. This exam took place about six months ago. I figured that hearing loss would only come back around 10% so I didn't push it. I really wanted the 0% from the Tininnitus as that pushed me over the 90% mark.

Cav

Cav,

I think you posted the above percentages in reverse order.

On the Rating Decision that denied hearing loss - what did they state in the

Reasons and Bases Section as to why they denied SC for hearing loss?

On the Rating Decision that granted Tinnitus - what did they state in the

Reasons and Bases Section as to why they granted Tinnitus.

Many, many, many of the Rating Decisions that I have personally read,

that grant SC for Tinnitus, will usually provide some good evidence in the

Evidence and Reasons and Bases Section of the Rating Decision, in the Medical Rationale

part, that would also be supportive of granting Hearing loss as SC'd.

Example: (Hypothetical Rating Decision)

Issue 1:

SC for Hearing loss is denied as SMR's show no complaints or findings of a hearing loss

during your active duty military service.

Issue 2:

SC for Tinnitus.

On VA C&P examination dated XX-XX-XXXX, opined that you suffer from subjective

recurrent Tinnitus. During this VA C&P examination, the Veteran demonstrated that he currently suffers from hearing loss according to the VA standard. 38 C.F.R. § 3.385 (2008).

Specifically, the Veteran scored 40 decibels or above at 3000 Hertz and 4000 Hertz in his each of his ears. The examiner states,if the noise is loud enough and the duration of exposure long enough, however, it may cause a permanent threshold shift. This condition is called noise induced hearing loss, and has no cure and is irreversible.

The Veteran was also medically diagnosed with tinnitus.

The examiner states in their opinion, that your active duty MOS

listed as XXXXX Flight Deck Attendent, is as likely as not the cause of your recurrent Tinnitus.

Upon examination of your 201 Personel File it is shown your MOS was XXXXX - Flight Deck Attendent. An original DD214 contained in your claims file also supports an MOS of XXXXX,

Flight Deck Attendent. As such it is conceeded that SC for Tinnitus is granted with an effective date of XX-XX-XXXX, the date of your claim. Tinnitus is compensated at 10 percent whether

appearing bilaterally or in one ear only.

Cav - do you see here in this Hypothetical Rating Decision, the part that grants the Tinnitus as SC'd also is supportive of a grant of SC for Hearing loss.

This is a hypothetical Rating Decision but please believe me when I tell you many

Rating Decisions, in fact, do read as such.

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie