VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vetwives/family Retreat April 06

Rate this topic

Guest VetWife Advocate

Guest VetWife Advocate

The Specialized Outpatient/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder treatment program of the VA Black Hills Health Care System is hosting its semi-annual Women's Retreat April 28-30, 2006 at the Fort Meade VA Medical Center, two miles east of Sturgis. The program is intended for women veterans (all eras) and collaterals (wives, significant others, mothers, etc.) of male veterans traumatized by experiences during military service. The weekend retreat begins at 12 Noon on Friday and ends at approximately 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. Those wishing to participate must pre-register by phoning 605.720.7449 or 1-800-743-1070, extension 7449. Prior to registration, a brief telephone screening is required.

Interesting!! Brenda

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Specialized Outpatient/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder treatment program of the VA Black Hills Health Care System is hosting its semi-annual Women's Retreat April 28-30, 2006 at the Fort Meade VA Medical Center, two miles east of Sturgis. The program is intended for women veterans (all eras) and collaterals (wives, significant others, mothers, etc.) of male veterans traumatized by experiences during military service. The weekend retreat begins at 12 Noon on Friday and ends at approximately 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. Those wishing to participate must pre-register by phoning 605.720.7449 or 1-800-743-1070, extension 7449. Prior to registration, a brief telephone screening is required.

Interesting!! Brenda

Sure with they had something like this closer to SE TX, where I live! I think it sounds like a great idea. As the wife of a VietNam Vet 100% TDIU, I can see how this would be helpful!

Gwen

• HadIt.com Elder

they need to do this more frequently and all over it would help the family members know who to call, how to deal with affected person, ways to cope, support groups for helping each other etc, the best thing that ever happened to me was finding Dori who knew what she was delaing with and to her it was worth the rough edges to get the diamond in the middle, I still think she's blinded by love but what the hec k I couldn't ask for better............ but it helps that she knows and understands PTSD