VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Foot Problems

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My new private podiatrist wants me to get an MRI, so that she can rule out other factors, and then get down to cutting into my foot to relieve my chronic foot pain. I was talking to her today and I was getting more and more paranoid about this path. I find myself wishing that what she says about 85% recovery rate to be true, but thinking she is full of it. I probably won't go back for a second dose of "let's cut into Johh's feet and make him a cripple for life". Does anyone else sometimes believe these doctors are just out to make a buck regardless of the damage they do? Doctor's are good at setting bones and stitching up wounds, but on the chronic stuff they seem to fall down the well.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Had both my feet operated on. Would do it again today. All of the pain is not gone, however, I feel much better.

I know it's a personal choice.

My sister had foot surgery......said it was the worst mistake of her life. Her other foot needs the same surgery and she said she will just live with the pain.

I have the same condition (SCd); but not near as painful as she has it since I don't have to work anymore.

• HadIt.com Elder

That is just it. For some it works and for others it is a disaster. With my luck I would be in a hoveround. Whenever the doctors get out the knife I become worried and think the worse. I have this deep feeling of mistrust of doctor's saying they can solve this long standing problem and then being disappointed. I had state of the art treatment using shock wave therapy and it failed and I limped for about 6 weeks.