VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Confusion And Short Term Memory

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

since for the last 20 yrs i just assumed i was bat shit crazy, i have not studied ptsd and all of its effects. i know that confusion can be one of the symptoms as well as short term memory issues. it seemed as long as i was working, i could blow it off when it happened. and now that i'm on my summer break from school, it seems to be worse. i have entire conversations that i cannot recall at all. i have to write down every single thing that needs to be done that day or u can pretty much assume it wont be done. i cannot even remember to take my pills when needed (3x day.) which reminds me, take pill now!!! im sure some of u deal with something similar. how do u cope with it? is there anything u can do to improve ur cognitive abilities or does it just go down hill from now? ive been lucky not to have overwhelming depression with this, well, at least not that i've noticed. then again, i waited 20 yrs to do anything about it B) but, now, with my brain screwing up, i'm getting depressed. when im around people, like group yesterday, i start crying instead of talking. its so frustrating. and i cant even tell u why im crying! makes me feel weak.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

is a brain scan required w/ a dx of ptsd? im afraid they wont find mine if i have one done. lol

clw,

YES - MOST DEFINETLY - VA REQUIRES ALL VETERANS THAT SUBMIT CLAIMS

REQUESTING SERVICE CONNECTION FOR PTSD TO UNDERGO A SPECIFIC BRAIN SCAN.

I suggest you speak with your Primary Care Provider -

VA calls this specific brain scan a

Colonoscopy :)

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

You guys and gals are too funny ... ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Some meds and conditions may have side effects, ask a doc, pharmacist or someone at the va. Have read a bit on brain farts myself, butt havent been checked for ptsd like that, thanks Carlie. I not a medic, but I've chosen to assign all my confusion and memory stalls to beauty, age, meds, mh issues, being mom and wife walking around in fast technology world. Side note, I use cell phone calendar reminder alarm clock thingy if I can remember to set it. Ha.

Cg

Guest swells1

Although humorous... I think the cutting up is out of line in here. Is there no other forum for that sort of jokes? I am totally new to all of this and am attempting to glean any assistance I can find. I have most of the symptoms you folks have discussed and laughed at in here and am appalled. And I can find nothing funny about any of it. It's actually scary to think that your mind is playing tricks on you or worse, going away. There are times I can't even remember my employees names. I need help damn it! I'm a very proud person that was raised by a silver/bronze star purple heart WWII, Korea, Viet Nam 29 year Vet. I myself am a Beirut Vet Navy Corpsman that was there for the bombing of the barracks. I was lucky enough to be about 100 yards away when it went up rather than inside. I do not like asking for help and it stresses me out to do so. It feels like it emasculates me to beg for anything. But I am totally lost here and thats getting very frustrating. Now I find jokes about my condition?!?!? In a forum setup to help?!?!? Cant anyone help me? Sorry for the response about the jokes... But this forum is not for posting jokes is it? It's for helping folks that need it... In this case... Like me... I think any of us that are "actually" in this position deserve better than jokes about our condition in a forum set up to help vets muddle through the quagmire of getting what is rightfully theirs. Please stop me in my tracks if I am wrong and I'll go elsewhere for help and leave you to your vet bashing comedy site.

Ok I'm off my soap box now