VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd P/t And Tdiu

Rate this question

Dave20290

Question

hi, i would first off like to thank everyone on this site for helping veterans such as myself get the answers they are looking for. Here's my background history with the va: I'm 27 (veteran of whatever war the news is calling it these days). may 2007 i was granted 70% for ptsd for a claim i put in october of 2006. I put in for IU in may 2008 and was awarded that so i'm 100% total. I've also been awarded SS. I had stated to SS that i was unable to work due to 'ptsd, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, and suicidal idealation.' and they cleared it. My first question is what is it when people say TDUI. I know the IU but is the TD just saying 'total disability. As in, can i say I have TDUI? I don't know. Also i'm interested in applying for Permanent and total if that's even possible. I'm paranoid as it is and i hate to think of some bastard hopping on my back for some reason and throwing me into a world of pure hell. We all know how precious awarded money is so we can live on our own terms without having to go 'postal' or just having a breakdown. Am i too young for p/t. My history since discharge (sept 2006) has been riddled with psychward visits and life altering characteristics of PTSD. Even if p/t is not workable, what exactly does that entail. Does it mean the va cant review me anymore (technically). Let's face it no one likes to be put up against the wall and have to explain the same old crap over and over again, it's just frustrating and i worry about it a lot. I was released from the psychward not too long ago and i'm just tired of this crap. I just wish i didn't have to worry about stupid stuff and try to work on myself. For all of those suffering vets from whatever symptoms or problems, thanks for your service.

Dave

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question