VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr's Opinion Letter For Tdiu Is There Any Specifics

Rate this question

mom24

Question

My dr will write a letter saying I am not able to work, but she doesn't know what it needs to say. I would like to send her a sample to use with the exact, or as close as possible, wording the raters will want to see. I'm not really talking about how my condition (ALS) keeps me from working (she can do that part), but all the legal stuff that will be enough evidence. I'll also be including my ssdi award with it.

thanks

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I am so sure you will get replys from our very knowledgable vets today, when they wake up. They will be aable to address your specifics. The best to you mom24. Hang in there. When were you diagnosed? Where did you serve to look for the link ie Gulf War or where?

• HadIt.com Elder

Mom did you serve in Gulf War? With your current rating a Medical Statement that states that you are unable to work due to your Service connected condition will work. If it says she thinks you will never be able to work again it would be P&T.

Good Luck.

Mom24, It maybe a good idea for you to write some notes about what you need in the letter in order for this to get approved by the va. If the Dr. agrees to put your notes in the letter and it has ro be there to succed, then you are home free with claim. Good luck and Pete53 told you exactly what to do

I am so sure you will get replys from our very knowledgable vets today, when they wake up. They will be aable to address your specifics. The best to you mom24. Hang in there. When were you diagnosed? Where did you serve to look for the link ie Gulf War or where?

Halos,

I was at camp pendleton. I was diagnosed in 2001, but my symptoms started back to 93 about 7 months after I was discharged. I thought I had carpel tunnel for years until I noticed some paralysis of my fingers in 2001 and left arm getting weaker. I didn't have to prove link since va made als presumptive in 08.

All the doctor needs to do is say that your service connected disability of ALS has totally and permanently disabled you and then just provide some medical rationale for that statement.

She shouldn't have to give many details, as this is a presumptive condition but could mention if the meds alter your ability to be employed as well as any other facet of the ALS that would render you unemployable.

Copy of the SSA award is good idea too- and the doc should mention that you also get SSA for this condition-(which also supports her letter for TDIU)

Veteran -I hope you dont have to even worry about the 'legal' stuff here.

With ALS a presumptive condition and known to cause further disability and unemployability-the VA should certainly accept her letter without any BS.

Have you formally applied for TDIU or are you enclosing the TDIU form (21-4189) with this doctor's letter?

They will probably give you the date of the TDIU form as the EED but they might even do the right thing right away and give you a date one year prior to that-as the EED- if the SSA for ALS award preceded the TDIU form by one year.

ALS should have been made presumptive long ,long ago.I only hope all ALS vets are fully aware of it's presumptive status now.