VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stroke

Rate this question

bguerrero

Question

I'm retired from the USMC and also recieving 20% va hypertension/some skin problem. Will, two months ago I had a 2 TIA's which lead up to an acute stroke and since had 5 more TIA's. All in all I've been in and out of the hospital the past 8 weeks. Now thier saying I'm getting complex migraines so bad that my right side becomes weak like a stroke at it last up to 2 -3 hours at a time. Any idea's on the va ratings on this? And advice? I just started to get my medical records in order and will be visiting the San Diegq DAV office this week. I have recovered from the stroke but not 100%. I'm a Letter Carrier for USPS and so for un able to carry mail.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you fall into the CRSC or CRDP criteria-you will get the full comp.

After the 6 months they have to continue to rate the residuals of the stroke.

Have you applied for SSA yet?

My husband had 1151 stroke which they failed to rate properly -SSA said it was 100% disabling-P & T (CUE pending on that)

his stroke -in April- became directly SCed to his DMII from AO-(still fighting for that rating)

They are still failing to rate this properly and also his residuals-as well as consider him for SMC.

I wish I could help more but even 15 years after his death-= I still have no proper adjudication of the CVA issue.

He never got the 100% for 6 months either.And I have no idea how they handle residuals.

He had 6 ischemic brain infarctions- all misdiagnosed by VA and all ultimately found as caused by DMII.

Some BVA decisions on strokes might help you -and yes-claim all potential secondary residuals conditions.

Wow, about 4 mths, that was pretty fast for you to get some retro...BTW How are you doing? Any more probs with elevated B/P? What about migrains? Slurred speech? Memory probs? Numbness? Any other complications/ signs & symptoms from the hypertension? What has happen with your job? Hope you are not experiencing any more residuals from initial stroke or probs with TIA's too.

Wow, about 4 mths, that was pretty fast for you to get some retro...BTW How are you doing? Any more probs with elevated B/P? What about migrains? Slurred speech? Memory probs? Numbness? Any other complications/ signs & symptoms from the hypertension? What has happen with your job? Hope you are not experiencing any more residuals from initial stroke or probs with TIA's too.

Same residuals no more TIA's, the Migraines are are now starting to get treated and down to 6 a month. The migraine are not as bad as before, due to the meds I'm taking. I'm still on limited duty at work, I give 1 1/2 hour of my route away to make 8 hours just to make 8 hours. The B/P is under control. Thanks for asking!