VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vitamin B12 Shots

Rate this topic

• Founder

my doc just prescribed vitamin b12 shots for me, i give them to myself, gave myself the first one today, no problems there. he hopes that the b12, vitamin d, calcium will help, the gut problems i am having is apparently causing me not to absorb vitamins correctly.

anybody give themselves vitamin b12 shots, has it helped with your energy, the docs thinks my fatigue has a lot to do with my vitamin deficiency due to my colon not working correctly. i am very hopeful.

tbird

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
my doc just prescribed vitamin b12 shots for me, i give them to myself, gave myself the first one today, no problems there. he hopes that the b12, vitamin d, calcium will help, the gut problems i am having is apparently causing me not to absorb vitamins correctly.

anybody give themselves vitamin b12 shots, has it helped with your energy, the docs thinks my fatigue has a lot to do with my vitamin deficiency due to my colon not working correctly. i am very hopeful.

tbird

My grandmother took them for a couple of decades before she passed away at age 93. She had diverticulitis, and they really helped with colon problems and with energy. My dad just started taking them last month. He has DMII (never served, just a overweight, retired truck driver), and recurring, undiagnosed colon problems. My mom says that he is getting some good results in that he is not sleeping all day every day and that his stomach isn't bothering him much any more. She did say that he got in a habit of taking his DMII meds better, though. It's hard to tell at this point whether it was the B12 or the other changes that have helped him yet.

• HadIt.com Elder

My father has started taking B12 shots as he had colon cancer and a terrible time with chemo effects although his hands are numb along with his feet ( chemo effects ) he is no bouncing around like a rabbit.

tbird

When I was LPO of sick call we would give each other shots of B-12 after a night of drinking, and it helped with energy and the GI problems of ETOH detox the next day.

Hope that they help you!

Boondoc