VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Be Receiving More?

Rate this question

Angelo Hurtado

Question

i was medically discharged for an ankle injury after i had a reconstruction surgery andit didnt work..i use a cane to LIVE and get around and have horrible back issues..i have spoke to a vso and he recommened waiting til after i get rated for my ptsd before i try for tdui.. I was not happy with the ratings i was giving for my disabilities but figured thats what i was stuck with...

The 2 major are:

left ankle sprain and tendinitis with status post surgical reconstruction and avulsion of the left great toe extensor...now i dont know what all this means but my ankle has me not able to stand/walk on my own and even with a cane and breaks thruout the day i cannot live a normal 25 year olds life and i was giving 10%...(this was the reason for discharge)

Second is my back..i have 2 different ratings on my back, one is cervical spine strain 20% and lumbosacral strain with anterior wedging of t11 and t12 vertebral bodies 10%..

On top of this i have right shoulder strain teninosis of the supraspinatus and bicep tendons and superior labral tear 20% which just happens to kill me everyday because its the arm i use my cane with. I feel helpless in tue situation until coming here, i thought i was stuck with what i got and that was it.

Ive been collecting unemployment because i didnt know i could collect ssdi. Between my injuries and sleep apnea/ptsd i just cannot hold a job/do anything ive been trained/ know how to do and so thats what led me here when i was searching for information on tdiu. Thank u guys for the help and suggestions, should i apply for ssdi now?

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is my opinion that your 80% rating and request for increase merit asking for TDIU.You can also be given TDIU even if you do not have the magic formula your VSO is sticking to. Alex Humpfreys a super Veteran Lawyer and Hadit guru who passed away last year once got TDIU for a Veteran with a 10% rating.

In other words your VSO is not your friend.

• HadIt.com Elder
Sorry larryj i responded as u did, everything is caused from 1 accident and is ALL service connected. I didnt know u can get rating on stuff that wasnt

No, you can't, and that was my point.

• HadIt.com Elder

And, don't "stop" your unemployment. But, definitely apply for SSDI, now. Let the "unemployment peeps" and the "ssdi peeps" "coordinate yer bennys". They've done it before, I assure you.

It is my opinion that your 80% rating and request for increase merit asking for TDIU.You can also be given TDIU even if you do not have the magic formula your VSO is sticking to. Alex Humpfreys a super Veteran Lawyer and Hadit guru who passed away last year once got TDIU for a Veteran with a 10% rating.

In other words your VSO is not your friend.

i see..so should i be going at this alone?

I was discharged in november.

I was worried applying for ssd since ive been collecting unemployment, ive tried to secure a job but its just getting to that loint that getting out of bed is a mission. Should i stop my unemployment?

If I were currently collecting Unemployment - then NO,

I would not file a claim for SSDI at the same time as receiving Unemployment benefits.

And what do u guys suggest applying for the tdiu based on?

For VA IU - Only disabilities that ARE SC'd.

Amd the ssdi would obviously be based on the ptsd correct?

For SSDI - NO. All disabilities - whether SC'd or not.

carlie

Thanks again,

angelo

And, don't "stop" your unemployment. But, definitely apply for SSDI, now. Let the "unemployment peeps" and the "ssdi peeps" "coordinate yer bennys". They've done it before, I assure you.

thank u, i will be gathering everything (medical information and names/numbers) to apply asap

thank u guys once again