VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice Needed

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

Honesty is the best policy, but I want to cover all, to get every appointment/ referral needed.

My last appointment, they did nothing but get rid of me. :angry:

I want to make sure I get my referrals. :D I made a mistake in the Army, and have very little Medical records.

I wanted to go to work when, hurt, no profile, and I learned to this day to live with Service connected pain to this Day.

:o I was wounded twice in Vietnam, wipe the blood away, kept fighting, no claim, I needed to stay, medals were not important, have scars, still not important

Please help, and please advise????!!!!!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a small notebook that I write what the Doc says and my questions.

I had my appointment, even with great notes, I missed things. It was all going well until the SocialWorker came in, and started questioning me, when I told some of my problems, a Doctor from mental health came in and gave me some Soloft, and Travesdone??? Then a Follow up in two weeks.

I know the primary had written on the outside of a paper, PTSD and Depression. I ask one of the staff what that meant, and it said it means she screen for PTSD and Depression. I guess is why the social workers and Doctor talked to me. There concern about my weapons that guard my personal space, and that I think about suicide. There scare me, when they said to do you think you should stay here. Can they make you???? The social worker seen me again, and pull me to the side, and asked if I could give my guns to someone else, because of my suicidal thoughts. I told them I would give them up yp no one.

Thanks for the advice

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell them you have given your guns to your brother or something. They don't check. Unless you tell them you are going to commit suicide and have a plan they are not going to send you to the mental ward. Don't hold anything back, but be aware that the VA has a duty to protect you from yourself if they think you are really going to off yourself or someone else. You should ask for mental health referral.