VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Neuropathy

Rate this question

SouthGA

Question

I am currently service connected for neuropathy in both hands and feet at 10% each .

At a recent C/P examination, I told the examiner that my feet feel like they are asleep with a tingling, numbness and burning constantly in both feet. the diagnosis by the VA examiner stated, "Peripheral polyneuropathy of the feet bilaterally. This does not involve a particular nerve distribution but is in stocking distribution, consistent with polyneuropathy. This involves primarily the lower extremities. Regarding the connection between peripheral polyneuropathy in the lower extremities, this is at least as likely as not caused by diabetes. This is a well-described complication of diabetes."

Is the diagnosis consistant with my current rating of 10% each lower extremity or is this diagnosis more severe? I was not aware of the diagnosis until I requested a copy of the examination.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

South GA said:

"I was not aware of the diagnosis until I requested a copy of the examination."

Do you mean the diabetes diagnosis?

John iir -did your vet rep suggest filing a reconsideration request with the evidence you just mentioned from the private neuro?

It wont stop[ the year NOD claick but could generate a faster decision- the NOD would still have top ve filed in time if they dont act on the reconsideration request.

"the examiner looked back through my early med records. He told me and put in writing that I met criteria for diagnosis of DMII in Mar '01. I wasn't diagnosed with CAD til Apr '01. I immediately filed a NOD on the CAD denial asking for a DRO hearing. No date has been set for a hearing yet."

I am confused here by the different posters but did you make this clear on the NOD as to fact that CAD came after DMII?