VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stressor. 1, 2 3 How Many

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

I am a little nevous about asking question, because of some the attachs by the old timers on Validity

I am new, and just realize how PTSD has effected my past. I total intent is to get proper Care

My Question is: How many stressors does it take to get rated, % is not important right now to me

Reading, the posts :lol: , my stressor keep mounting, how will this effect my care, or in two or three years my % :angry:

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

SGM,

In my case I had several stressors all of which were combat related and all of which were also documented by awards or medical documentation. From what I seen of your postings it sounds like you have similar combat stressors and the documentation as proof as well. I would list each event separately to VA and discuss them in detail. At least that is what I did, and it seemed to have worked as I was rated at 70% for PTSD. I scored a GAF 43 and that might have helped, but I've seen mixed reviews from postings on this forum on how important the GAF is.

I'm sure the older members of our forum can give a much better example. Good luck old soldier.

Cav

If I remember correctly, you were a VN era veteran. You must show that you stressor is connected to your time in service. Whatever the stressor, or whenever it occured you need to clearly idendify one maybe two. FOCUS You need to pick a path and stay on it. Sometimes less is more. You first need to identify the cause. The other things are then the symptoms. Don't give them a reason to deny. Also, remember you stressors must be verified.

Thank you both, when I applied, I sent a letter, not knowing that it was called a stressor letter, it explained a couple of incidents that I can verify with awards, citation, and a star stripe article.

I didn't put full names, date of dealth in that letter. I didn't send any copies. VA, told me they requested Medical reconds, and verifucation of combat time.

I have not yet been ask by anyone for other information, I have a lot that hasn't been told

If your award is an automatic stressor you will not need further development.

Right-if you have the CIB, CAR, or PH on your DD 214 they will 99.9% of the time concede the stressor.

It only takes one conceded or proven stressor.