VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Do Next

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

I have plenty of needed Information for PTSD to submit, on the other problems is coming in very slow. Do I submitt for review the information to be rated for PTSD, and submit the other information later. What is the best advice!!??

Edited by sgmdae

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

File your claim for PTSD. In about 30 days they will develop for information. You can file the claim for all of your issues. You will have time to get your evidence. You need to establish your date of claim.

As purple had stated, if you received a letter asking for more information that means you have already filed a claim or claims. VA is currently processing that or those claims. If you filed for more than one claim VA will try to process them all at the same time. If they can not rate all of them they will rate what they can and defer the other(S). Get all the evidence you can and make a copy of it and send it to VA certified return receipt so someone at the VA will sign for it and you have returned mail receipt to prove they received it. Let them know that your evidence is in your C-File and the VA hospital records. Also if you have seen private doctor (S) let them know by signing the request for release of information form that came in the letter. Also they are looking for what every you file for, try to only send evidence of that or those issues. If you currently don't have a claim in for XXXX don't send them evidence for XXXX, you can file that after this rating. If you choose to file it, it will not change your effective date but the more claims you file at once gives them the more opportunity to deny you and longer to process. In other words only send them what they ask for, If you choose to add more claims that is up to you. Also you can see you doctor about this or these current issues to see if you need any special exams.

I hope this makes sense

Who is the best source for status of your claim

What prevents it from sitting in a in box waiting for someone to do something with it

I have probably overwelmed them with a lot information on several issues

This will slow it down I am sure

• HadIt.com Elder

1)Who is the best source for status of your claim

2)What prevents it from sitting in a in box waiting for someone to do something with it

3)I have probably overwhelmed them with a lot information on several issues

This will slow it down I am sure

1) your SO, if you can get an answer out of them. Your not likely to get anything but a generic answer to status from VA. It's a waste of time to call them for a status.

2) Sitting in the box waiting your turn to be processed is how things work. Your not going to change it unless your terminal.

3) overwhelming the rater with information that doesn't nail your issues solid will likely put your claim on the bottom of the pile while they work on easier claims.

They don't need all that junk. Good solid,"indisputable" evidence like medical opinions, scientific treatise and read by an MD who provides an IMO with it, etc. is what you need along with SMR's.

They will ignore you & bury your claim if you constantly call & harass them.

It's a long, long, long process that may take many years. Be patient & focus on how to provide them with evidence they can not ignore.