VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cp Exam

Rate this question

Aquabear

Question

Hello everyone,

I just had a C&P exam done 2 days ago.

1.How long is the wait time to find out the results? Or at least an average wait time?

2. The examiner told me to mail all the papers (doctor notes) I brought in for the exam. He did review them (quickly) but is this the correct procedure?

3. Are examiners supposed to "hands on" move you in order to test your gait/flexibility when laying down? When laying down he moved my legs up/down, side to side, bent knees? He didn't do any hands on other than that though.

FYI This is my second C&P since 1998 when I did my first. This is for an change in 2 conditions (increase I hope) and to change a denial for another. I will post other questions I have on another area.

I thank you all who have shared your knowledge with the rest of us. I have observed and used the info on this site to give me knowledge in my own case and thank you all for posting your own personal experience with the VA, for better or worse.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You most liley can go to the Medical records department or FIOA office at the VA you had your c and p exam and request a copy of the exam.

Those are usually fairly easy to get.

As far as criteria for c and p exams, there is a list of exams and the criteria for each on our home page.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

Aquabear:

Welcome to Hadit. Usually but not always cause the VA is anything but consistent you usually get an answer in a few weeks after the C&P. This has been my experience and many others on Hadit.

You should get a copy it will give you a heads up for the nect step in the process.

Thanks Pete53 an jbasser. Your info helps and fills in the blank spaces in my head.

During the PC exam have you heard that it is normal procedure for examiners to be "hands on" and move you in order to test your gait/flexibility when laying down?

I thought that all movement was done by the patient/examinee? But this is only my second one so I have no experience.

In case we dont chat again have a great weekend!

During the PC exam have you heard that it is normal procedure for examiners to be "hands on" and move you in order to test your gait/flexibility when laying down?

I thought that all movement was done by the patient/examinee? But this is only my second one so I have no experience.

I believe they can do hands on as they have to measure your resistance,

but don't hold me to this.

Other's will chime in.

carlie

Last 2 C&P's Examiner had me walk staight line, toe-to-toe. For effects of my brain injury. I think also some resistance pushing on leg while pulling up.

So I guess so.

Ausgmblr

I personally picked up the CP report today. Some stuff on there I understand, others hmmm. I'll try to compare it to whats on the spine repository and will post some of the notes on here later.