VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Cp Exam

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I am rated 10% left knee and 30% depression. I applied for increase in rating for depression and also bilateral hearing loss with tinnitus. I had both the psych cp and hearing test back in April. Yesterday I got a letter from QTC for a left knee CP in two weeks. Why would the VA schedule a knee exam, when there was no request for increase for my knee? Is this a delaying tactic by the VA? are they trying to bury me in paperwork?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Maybe just a routine exam to see where you're at as far as your knee disability. Hey, if your knee has gotten worse you might get an increase.

It wouldn't be in their best interest to schedule an exam anyway since it could trigger an increase.

I really don't think this would be a delay tactic since they don't need this as an excuse to delay. They can take as much time as they want anyway. They have many more excuses they can use such as, "the claims are backlogged."

Frank

I am rated 10% left knee and 30% depression. I applied for increase in rating for depression and also bilateral hearing loss with tinnitus. I had both the psych cp and hearing test back in April. Yesterday I got a letter from QTC for a left knee CP in two weeks. Why would the VA schedule a knee exam, when there was no request for increase for my knee? Is this a delaying tactic by the VA? are they trying to bury me in paperwork?
Edited by WHOLESALE

Maybe just a routine exam to see where you're at as far as your knee disability. Hey, if your knee has gotten worse you might get an increase.

It wouldn't be in their best interest to schedule an exam anyway since it could trigger an increase.

I really don't think this would be a delay tactic since they don't need this as an excuse to delay. They can take as much time as they want anyway. They have many more excuses they can use such as, "the claims are backlogged."

Frank

My last cp exam for my knees was after my second surgery on my left knee in 06. My knees are worst now and the only fix is knee replacement. I know my knee is worst now than it was then but the question is would that get me increased.

It has been mentioned here several times that a request for increase or filling additional claims can prompt a exam for current disiablity. It can be a double edged sword if you have gotten worse it could mean an increase but if the feel you have gotten better a decrease. It is the gamble we take when we open pandora's box.

It has been mentioned here several times that a request for increase or filling additional claims can prompt a exam for current disiablity. It can be a double edged sword if you have gotten worse it could mean an increase but if the feel you have gotten better a decrease. It is the gamble we take when we open pandora's box.

I definitely don't think its gotten better, my knee stays swollen and all I do is daily getting up and around, if I walk any distance or run ten feet I can't walk for a few days without limping, going up and down stairs cause problems and thats just the start of my problems. It is such a crap shoot though when trying to get that submitted into evidence during a cp since its what the doc sees at the time of physical and not me on my worse day

Just tell them exactly what you just said here. At 10% I really don't think you need to worry about a decrease. Seems more apt for an increase. Just make sure you point out all these issues in your exam. And make sure you get a copy of it a couple weeks after to make sure he didn't make mistakes.

Frank

I definitely don't think its gotten better, my knee stays swollen and all I do is daily getting up and around, if I walk any distance or run ten feet I can't walk for a few days without limping, going up and down stairs cause problems and thats just the start of my problems. It is such a crap shoot though when trying to get that submitted into evidence during a cp since its what the doc sees at the time of physical and not me on my worse day

Just tell them exactly what you just said here. At 10% I really don't think you need to worry about a decrease. Seems more apt for an increase. Just make sure you point out all these issues in your exam. And make sure you get a copy of it a couple weeks after to make sure he didn't make mistakes.

Frank

I will do that especially since I just got a copy of the last cp on my knees on the advice of this site. I was described in it as a 38 yo white male. ( i am a black male and was 40 then) lol