VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Sux..nothing New

Rate this question

guntruckn

Question

I know everyone here is sick of the unjust treatment of vets. It just blows my mind how the military just uses you up and then when you develop problems from things that happen to you in the line of duty, they toss you aside with little assistance. I'm tired of fighting the VA just to get money to get by on. I have PTSD that was diagnosed when I was on active duty. I haven't been able to work for almost 2 years now, because it is difficult for me to even be around people. I see a therapist twice a month currently. I filed a claim for disability from the va over a year ago. Of course they low balled me at 30%. I currently have an appeal pending, and i'm waiting to hear from them again. Hopefully they will be more merciful in their decision this time around, but who knows? I've been reading this PTSD forum and it seems like alot of folks are getting 30% disability rating at the beginning. Don't you just love how they throw you a tiny bone and expect you to be satisfied with it???

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I know everyone here is sick of the unjust treatment of vets. It just blows my mind how the military just uses you up and then when you develop problems from things that happen to you in the line of duty, they toss you aside with little assistance. I'm tired of fighting the VA just to get money to get by on. I have PTSD that was diagnosed when I was on active duty. I haven't been able to work for almost 2 years now, because it is difficult for me to even be around people. I see a therapist twice a month currently. I filed a claim for disability from the va over a year ago. Of course they low balled me at 30%. I currently have an appeal pending, and i'm waiting to hear from them again. Hopefully they will be more merciful in their decision this time around, but who knows? I've been reading this PTSD forum and it seems like alot of folks are getting 30% disability rating at the beginning. Don't you just love how they throw you a tiny bone and expect you to be satisfied with it???

Have you applied for SSI or SSDI?

carlie

Welcome brother, the VA threw me a tiny bone too.

they were like "here fetch boy" "here fetch boy".

I didn't fall for it though. I threw it back with an appeal.

Frank

Don't you just love how they throw you a tiny bone and expect you to be satisfied with it???