VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Question

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Over the weekend I received an unofficial letter from the DAV stating that I was rated 30% for PTSD. Everything else was denied. If, I wanted to do a NOD on the things that were denied and amend others what affect would this have on my PTSD rating? Would the VA hold up the entire claim until it was all settled?

Papa

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Congratulations on getting the 30%, because it's a start! :rolleyes:

Once you get your letter from the VA, then they 'will' 'may' 'should' 'possibly' have reasons listed for why they have denied other parts of your claim.

Pete53 asks a good question, because if you are unable to work or having problems at work, then there are other options that need to be followed up on also.

• HadIt.com Elder

You should wait for the official letter before doing anything. You have a yr to file your NOD. Your letter will give "reasons and bases" for their decisions. From that you can decide what you need. During your claims process you should've received a VCAA letter explaining what you need to prove your claim(s). The NOD should have no affect/effect on your 30% rating. If you feel your PTSD should be rated higher you should appeal that, also. The VA will not hold up your claim until all is settled.

pr

Over the weekend I received an unofficial letter from the DAV stating that I was rated 30% for PTSD. Everything else was denied. If, I wanted to do a NOD on the things that were denied and amend others what affect would this have on my PTSD rating? Would the VA hold up the entire claim until it was all settled?

Papa

Edited by Philip Rogers

Thanks for all the replies and advise. Yes, I do work as I like to eat and sleep in a bed :rolleyes: However, I am well medicated and that gets me through the day.

Papa

Check the retro when you get it-and by all means- as others said here- NOD it.

Once you get the actual award you will have a good idea what they used as evidence and then how to shape your NOD.

I forgot to add- with some retro coming- maybe it would be good idea to set some $ aside if you need an IMO for the addition conditions.

And congrats! You did Good! Every award is a victory!