VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdui

Rate this question

ComputerGeek46

Question

:rolleyes: I am wondering out here if any vets have encountered the same below

I recieved an increased disability rating from 10% to 60% for chronic skin conditions requiring multiple surgeries over the

years via military and at the VAMC Houston. The decision contained the clear and unmistakable error clause previously

10% for benign skin growths also 10% for deep venous thrombosis (i.e. Blood clots) was invited to apply for tdui have done

so and am awaiting a decision.

Since my reevaluation contains the correct diagnosis am wondering what to do about the scar and tissue damage all

over my body should I submit a claim for the scar and tissue damage seperate since my ratings clearly indicate that

have been on near constant anti biotics since 1996?

also what are my chances of gaining tdui? I am depressed I changed careers in 2000 as a computer programmer now

due to surgeries especially the last one my tailbone is extremely sensitive.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit.

Probably need to wait for the ruling.I don't know if you can't work because of your service connection than you should get it. If you own your home in Texas be sure and get your new exemption from paying property taxes.

Thanks Pete

I should have clarified more info, this is what I responded to

The issue of wether or not the veteran is entitled to individual Unemployability is deferred for the following.

Please invite the vet to file a claim for individual unemployability as the records show that he now meets the requirements and treatment

reports show that he is no longer employed

I have a slew of side effects on-going of the process of the treatments several by themselves make it difficult to maintain

steady employment not withstanding I have been laided off two seperate jobs each after treatments that took me down for

over 6 mos to a year for recovery. Each time I used my temporary disability insurance ( which is probably one reason for

being let go in the first place)

I have severe to moderate pain when attempt to sit for long periods of time (a requirement of a programmer) not withstanding

Have worked through pain and fevers since 1996. Now my heart says go work typically I make 80k plus but my body and my mind

are saying other wise have trouble sleeping and frequent bowel movement(diarrhea) every morning and throughout the day as noted

via the award for disability I got 60% for chronic Actinomycosis, 10% for the blood clots and retro pay back to 2001 so am wondering is it plausible to wait for tdui or in fact the decision or pursue to the full the missing 10% - 20% thanks in advance Pete

• HadIt.com Elder

You should pursue a TDIU claim. Fillout the forms and add a letter that explains it like you did here.

You will probably have to have a C&P or two but I think you should get it.

Good Luck

Are you completely unemployed now?

On the TDIU form or on separate page did you tell them how this disability prevents you from working?

Did you require lengthy convalescence due to the surgeries?

Did they send you the retro for the time the rating had been incorrect?

What is the medical etiology for the blood clots?

Was their clear and unmistakable error dependent on them as making an administrative error or did the VA doctors misdiagnose you?

They will not award TDIU if you make over the National Poverty level in wages.

Gee -I answered not knowing there was more info here-

You might have been eligible for temp convalescence-I am not at all sure on that yet-

You gave some excellent reasons for TDIU- On Question # 25 you can refer them to an additional page and tell them what you told us-tell them any side affects of the meds as well as anything at all that would help prove you cannot work to this condition.

On Question # 18 check off Yes and then apply for SSA (unless you get SSA already for these conditions-and if so this is evidence too that you SC has rendered you unemployable.If you do get SSA ,make sure VA knows thia and mention this again in Remarks.

Is the retro date correct in your opinion?

Was that the date of the erroneous past award?

• HadIt.com Elder
Welcome to Hadit.

Probably need to wait for the ruling.I don't know if you can't work because of your service connection than you should get it. If you own your home in Texas be sure and get your new exemption from paying property taxes.

I agree with Pete. Wait. Then, after receiving the decision on TDIU (you will most likely receive it) THEN send in a claim for the other stuff (yes, even if you do receive TDIU, SEND IN THE OTHER CLAIM(S)).