VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

On Ssdi / Denied Iu / Ptsd/ Letter From Pyschiatrist

Rate this question

Coopsta

Question

The other day i received a long letter of support from my treating pyschiatrist who is the director of the PTSD clinic here on the east coast who by the way has her personal frustrations as to why i was denied IU to begin with, she has strongly feels my GAF is between 41-45 but gave me a firm 48 with room improve yet feels i will not work again as a result of circumstances in bootcamp i will NOT share on hadit ....my social functioning in the community she is adimant is poor and my ability to live within society is a struggle.

I'm sharing with the men / women of hadit because i know for certain i am NOT alone with the everyday struggles....in my Drs office ( my pyschisatrists ) as i sat there she asked me to explain what had happened to me in BOOT so i tried to " so i have something richard" she said and all of a sudden i detached and disacosiated and i remembered NOTHING my wife and Dr told me i started crying fr about 10 mins and started shaking and couldn't stop....this was a blur to me ....as a matter of fact when i stopped according to my wife / Dr they bth asked me if i was alright and i looked at bth of them like they were crazy ...anyway guys i guess all i am saying is i'm tired of fighting is what i said to the Dr and my wife ...all i want is to stop fighting the system i just want to move on with my life and somehow or other live my life in a normal fashion if thats even possible.

With my GAF score,although only used as a tool and being on SSDI, i submitted supporting letters from alllllllllll kinds of family members , my wife, friends, therapists, myself, etc etc etc...will this letter from my pyschiatrist help me with the IU ...i'm already 40% SC .....

i hope this helps ....thanks again

Coop

PS: is it neccesary to post some or al of the letter my shrnk had written for me on here to get a better understanding ...? ?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

you have other problems than just PTSD PTSD ratings are 10% 30% 50% 70% and 100% or 70& TDIU paid at the 100% rate so you are not SC at 40% for PTSD so I am assuming you are 30% for PTSD and they usually do not grant TDIU on a 30% rating you need to get your percentage rated higher for PTSD thats just a fact of life

you can always ask for an extra schedular rating on the basis that your SC disability prevents you from working but at 30% is is just very doubtful that they will grant it

yes fighting the VA is very stressful and time consuming the old joke around here is if you didn't have PTSD before dealing with the VARO you will by the time you get finished

you need years of treatment records and then it is still a fight I was disgnosed with PTSD in May 2003 after months of interviews and MMPI tests and other multiple choice exams I was finally awarded 50% in May 2005 this was with a GAF of 30-45 for the past 2 1/2 years I filed a NOD theday after the award letter was received due tothe lowball award a year later I had another letter from my treating shrink that stated the same thing that he felt I was permanently and totally disabled just by my PTSD symptoms and regardless of any other medical problems I had, that I would never be able to return to work and my GAF was 35. That made 3 years in a row he wrote the same annual statement in my records in April 2006 the VARO awarded me 100% P&T back to Dec 2003, so the fight can be won, you just have to decide to dig in and fight, if you quit they win and you still have no benefits if you are already 30% for PTSD then you have the camels nose under the tent now find a way to get the rest of your azz under then tent.

yep yep, almost always to get IU you will get increases first. Makes the RO look like fools if they grant IU for someone 30 or 40% since they should have rated them higher in first place.

It would reveal their low balling tactics.

frank

you have other problems than just PTSD PTSD ratings are 10% 30% 50% 70% and 100% or 70& TDIU paid at the 100% rate so you are not SC at 40% for PTSD so I am assuming you are 30% for PTSD and they usually do not grant TDIU on a 30% rating you need to get your percentage rated higher for PTSD thats just a fact of life

you can always ask for an extra schedular rating on the basis that your SC disability prevents you from working but at 30% is is just very doubtful that they will grant it

yes fighting the VA is very stressful and time consuming the old joke around here is if you didn't have PTSD before dealing with the VARO you will by the time you get finished

you need years of treatment records and then it is still a fight I was disgnosed with PTSD in May 2003 after months of interviews and MMPI tests and other multiple choice exams I was finally awarded 50% in May 2005 this was with a GAF of 30-45 for the past 2 1/2 years I filed a NOD theday after the award letter was received due tothe lowball award a year later I had another letter from my treating shrink that stated the same thing that he felt I was permanently and totally disabled just by my PTSD symptoms and regardless of any other medical problems I had, that I would never be able to return to work and my GAF was 35. That made 3 years in a row he wrote the same annual statement in my records in April 2006 the VARO awarded me 100% P&T back to Dec 2003, so the fight can be won, you just have to decide to dig in and fight, if you quit they win and you still have no benefits if you are already 30% for PTSD then you have the camels nose under the tent now find a way to get the rest of your azz under then tent.

Edited by WHOLESALE

The other day i received a long letter of support from my treating pyschiatrist who is the director of the PTSD clinic here on the east coast who by the way has her personal frustrations as to why i was denied IU to begin with, she has strongly feels my GAF is between 41-45 but gave me a firm 48 with room improve yet feels i will not work again as a result of circumstances in bootcamp i will NOT share on hadit ....my social functioning in the community she is adimant is poor and my ability to live within society is a struggle.

I'm sharing with the men / women of hadit because i know for certain i am NOT alone with the everyday struggles....in my Drs office ( my pyschisatrists ) as i sat there she asked me to explain what had happened to me in BOOT so i tried to " so i have something richard" she said and all of a sudden i detached and disacosiated and i remembered NOTHING my wife and Dr told me i started crying fr about 10 mins and started shaking and couldn't stop....this was a blur to me ....as a matter of fact when i stopped according to my wife / Dr they bth asked me if i was alright and i looked at bth of them like they were crazy ...anyway guys i guess all i am saying is i'm tired of fighting is what i said to the Dr and my wife ...all i want is to stop fighting the system i just want to move on with my life and somehow or other live my life in a normal fashion if thats even possible.

With my GAF score,although only used as a tool and being on SSDI, i submitted supporting letters from alllllllllll kinds of family members , my wife, friends, therapists, myself, etc etc etc...will this letter from my pyschiatrist help me with the IU ...i'm already 40% SC .....

i hope this helps ....thanks again

Coop

PS: is it neccesary to post some or al of the letter my shrnk had written for me on here to get a better understanding ...? ?

The first huttle you have to clear is to get your PTSD service connected. Has your stressor been verified or conceeded?

Edited by sharon